By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

coolbeans said:

#41 - Transistor.

You are Correct! 

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

I have no idea what that is, seems like you're running out of memes. But yes it is Bloodstained.

Last edited by Ultrashroomz - on 21 November 2021

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

More hints!

43) This game likes reversing things. Names, structures... It also has an overly convoluted spell system. When you think you've reached the end you might be in for a suprise

41) Get to the top of the mountain.

40) Unusual to this series and JRPGs in general, the MC of this game can wield not one but three weapon types

39) Despite being released in the same year its console was replaced, it might be the game people most associate with it

38) This series is seemingly well on its way to remaking all its games from the beginning. This was the second remake

37) ^Strangely enough this hint also work for this game. Only the remakes have been more split over the years for this series

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Runa216 said:

50 - Joe & Mac (I don't think anyone guessed this one but I posted it already on the main thingie.)
49 - This Controversial entry in a long-running series garnered plenty of criticism, likening it to Britan's exit from the EU
48 - This is the kind of game that's really only worth whatever you put into it and has a HUGE following on Youtube to this day.
47 - This sequel is what reignited my love for Rush and Megadeth.
- Something like 80% of this game's content was completely redone and available to play on two games higher in this list.
46 - This latest entry in a long-running series is a prime example of good platforming game design, but some people find it stale. I think it's possibly the best designed entry into its series (not my fave, though.)
45 - Witty woman goes in, homocidal psycho robot comes out.
44 - This sequel is what re-re ignited my love for Rush and Dream Theater
43 - you can kill Sasquatch, but it's not a triumphant kill.
42 - For the first time in this series, you can play a full campaign as the cooler, redder character instead of the blue boy with lemons. You could play as them in an earlier entry, but selectively.
41 - "un forastero!" *Throws an axe at you*
40 - Inspired by Ninja Gaiden, this linear 8-bit platformer turns into a 16 bit metroidvania around the halfway mark with Link to the Past inspired world swapping.

49) Pokémon Sword and Shield right?

43) Red Dead Redemption?

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

UnderwaterFunktown said:

38) This series is seemingly well on its way to remaking all its games from the beginning. This was the second remake

37) ^Strangely enough this hint also work for this game. Only the remakes have been more split over the years for this series

I'd guess one of these is the Resident Evil 2 remake.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

#40 - The protagonist has a notebook and draws just about everything that happens in the game, from major events to random things.

Uncharted? 

UnderwaterFunktown said:

More hints!

43) This game likes reversing things. Names, structures... It also has an overly convoluted spell system. When you think you've reached the end you might be in for a suprise

41) Get to the top of the mountain.

40) Unusual to this series and JRPGs in general, the MC of this game can wield not one but three weapon types

39) Despite being released in the same year its console was replaced, it might be the game people most associate with it

43: Symphony of the Night

41: Journey

Zippy6 said:
Supermario28 said:

49. This videogame Superstar got his castle stolen by his cousin and has to find a number of "keys" to open the door of the castle and take it back

49 is Super Mario Land 2, just played through it again last month!

Correct!

S.Peelman said:
Supermario28 said:

I have a little spare time so let's start this!

46. The final Boss of this game is.... Baby Bowser

46: Yoshi's Island

Incorrect, but very close...

Machina said:
Supermario28 said:

47. This game released on two consoles. The two releases were 7 years apart and the latest release saw some levels and features added. The franchise got a spin-off recently 

#47 - Resident Evil?

Incorrect, not even kind of close ;)

Supermario28 said:

S.Peelman said:

46: Yoshi's Island

Incorrect, but very close...

Yoshi's Woolly World?

Hint 1: Add an F to the first letter of both words composing the name of the game and you get the organization the main charcater works for. It's an N64 game
Hint 2: This game was often compared to another very well received game that released in the same period of time, therefore this game had mixed reviews.

49. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins - Guessed by @Zippy6 
This videogame Superstar got his castle stolen by his cousin and has to find a number of "keys" to open the door of the castle and take it back

Hint 1: I played this game in french and I realized that the name of an non-playable charcater was changed in the french version compared to the english version. Strangely enough, both names sound very french. it's the last installment of the franchise
Hint 2: This NPC also stars in Smash Ultimate

47. Pikmin 3 /DX - guessed by @Mnementh 
Hint 1: This game released on two consoles. The two releases were 7 years apart and the latest release saw some levels and features added. The franchise got a spin-off recently
Hint 2: It's a real-time strategy game

46. Yoshi's Story - guessed by @drbunnig 
Hint 1: The final Boss of this game is.... Baby Bowser
Hint 2: Not yoshi's Island nor Yoshi's wooly world, but close

Last edited by Supermario28 - on 21 November 2021

41: An OG Xbox game that somehow managed to mix Dynasty Warriors and fantasy tactical RPGs into one game.
Humans, Orcs, Elves, there is a campaign for everyone. Upgrade your troops or leaders in between battles, and then wreak havoc.