By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

S.Peelman said:
drbunnig said:

So is 5 Skyward Sword?

And 4 is Yoshi's Island? (baby Mario crying being the sound)

I can see how the “wake another entity” part kind of fits with Skyward Sword, but that’s not what I mean. So, also incorrect.

4: Is correct, Yoshi’s Island it is!

Just working through the Zelda games here for number 5, hoping it's right. Ocarina of Time is my next guess, but I can't for the life of me remember a mural in that game.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:

Kakadu18 said:

#6: Hint: At one point in the game the whole scope of the story suddenly explodes in size.

#6: Hint 2: A summit of extreme hight is where you realize that the adventure has only truely begun now.

#6: Hint 3: In how many games do you accidentally destroy the entire world?

#4: Hint: Aliens that attack our world come from another dimension that reminds me a bit of the mirror dimension in Doctor Strange.

#6: Hint 4: The two most important characters have brightly colored hair.

#4: Hint 2: The first part of the name of the place the aliens come from is also the first part of the name of the game.

drbunnig said:
S.Peelman said:

I can see how the “wake another entity” part kind of fits with Skyward Sword, but that’s not what I mean. So, also incorrect.

4: Is correct, Yoshi’s Island it is!

Just working through the Zelda games here for number 5, hoping it's right. Ocarina of Time is my next guess, but I can't for the life of me remember a mural in that game.

Not ones with the game's big secret on it anyway. Ocarina of Time is also not it, but, you can't really get any close than that. Reminder, A Link to the Past (#27), Majora's Mask (#22) and Twilight Princess (#16) have already been in my list and Wind Waker and Skyward Sword weren't it.

S.Peelman said:
drbunnig said:

Not ones with the game's big secret on it anyway. Ocarina of Time is also not it, but, you can't really get any close than that. Reminder, A Link to the Past (#27), Majora's Mask (#22) and Twilight Princess (#16) have already been in my list and Wind Waker and Skyward Sword weren't it.

Well you've already got Breath of the Wild there too at #10, and my knowledge of the plot of handheld titles isn't as good. A Link Between Worlds?

Darashiva said:

• An age is slowly coming to a close once again.
  • The sun god's fear caused them to stop the end once.
  • The god's actions broke the natural cycle of the world, putting it into an endless loop.
  • When this game was being advertised the publisher heavily emphasized one very specific aspect of the game, effectively leaning into the reputation this game's spiritual predecessor had cultivated.

Demon's Souls? I mean, I thought Dark Souls until the final hint. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:

Second hint for #5, and first hint for #4.

#5: The whole secret of the game is blatantly told on a mural halfway through the game, but when you first play it, you don't exactly realise what it means until the end boss explains it.

Hint 2: The mural was pretty vague about it, but the boss explains that beating him, would wake another entity and have far-reaching consequences for the land you're in and everyone that inhabits it.

#4: This game features the most annoying sound in the world. Guessed by drbunnig - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island

5.  Link's Awakening?

Darashiva said:

• The god's actions broke the natural cycle of the world, putting it into an endless loop.
  • When this game was being advertised the publisher heavily emphasized one very specific aspect of the game, effectively leaning into the reputation this game's spiritual predecessor had cultivated.

4.  Dark Souls?

Kakadu18 said:
Kakadu18 said:

#6: Hint 3: In how many games do you accidentally destroy the entire world?

#4: Hint: Aliens that attack our world come from another dimension that reminds me a bit of the mirror dimension in Doctor Strange.

#4: Hint 2: The first part of the name of the place the aliens come from is also the first part of the name of the game.

6.  Final Fantasy 6?

The_Liquid_Laser said:
S.Peelman said:

Second hint for #5, and first hint for #4.

#5: The whole secret of the game is blatantly told on a mural halfway through the game, but when you first play it, you don't exactly realise what it means until the end boss explains it.

Hint 2: The mural was pretty vague about it, but the boss explains that beating him, would wake another entity and have far-reaching consequences for the land you're in and everyone that inhabits it.

#4: This game features the most annoying sound in the world. Guessed by drbunnig - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island

5.  Link's Awakening?

Darashiva said:

4.  Dark Souls?

Kakadu18 said:

6.  Final Fantasy 6?

No. Gonna give another hint for #6: it's blue and red.

Runa216 said:
Darashiva said:

Demon's Souls? I mean, I thought Dark Souls until the final hint. 

It's Dark Souls. Demon's Souls is the spiritual predecessor that had created the reputation, and then Namco Bandai leaned heavily on the difficulty aspect when advertising Dark Souls. That's where the "Prepare to Die" tagline came from for example.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Darashiva said:

4.  Dark Souls?

Correct.

BraLoD said:
Darashiva said:

Correct.

I wonder which will be your #2...

I'm sure nobody has any idea what it is. It's not like the game in question has been my #2 for the last 20 something years or anything.