By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Advanced Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp Has Been Delayed to Spring 2022

Tagged games:

Disappointing. There isn't a Switch game on my radar for the holidays. On the bright side I still need to pickup Returnal and Deathloop.

Around the Network

Disappointed but I'm willing to wait. Was actually really looking forward to this.

Not surprising in my mind, the gameplay/graphics looked a bit rough.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

:(. Have most of December off, and playing Advance Wars would have been a nice way to spend some of it. Guess I'll need to find something else.

Around the Network

Too bad. Guess the holiday season will pretty much just be Mario Party and Pokemon as far as first party goes eh?

I'm more annoyed because this indirectly delays the next new AW game. I assume this is a test game for the studio, if it does well then they can make a proper sequel. Kind of like Mercurysteam had their try with Metroid Samus Returns before getting to do a brand new game with Dread. I also suspect the team behind Links Awakening remake has been working on a new top down Zelda game since that game did so well.

Last edited by Dulfite - on 22 October 2021

Dulfite said:

I'm more annoyed because this indirectly delays the next new AW game. I assume this is a test game for the studio, if it does well then they can make a proper sequel. Kind of like Mercurysteam had their shit with Metroid Samus Returns before getting to do a brand new game with Dread. I also suspect the team behind Links Awakening remake has been working on a new top down Zelda game since that game did so well.

Wayforward did that shitty Bakugan game previously. I suspect AW was in a similar unpolished state.

As for Grezzo who made Link's Awakening, that was their 5th Zelda game.

Slownenberg said:

Too bad. Guess the holiday season will pretty much just be Mario Party and Pokemon as far as first party goes eh?

Big Brain Academy on Dec 3

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Kakadu18 said:
Dulfite said:

I'm more annoyed because this indirectly delays the next new AW game. I assume this is a test game for the studio, if it does well then they can make a proper sequel. Kind of like Mercurysteam had their shit with Metroid Samus Returns before getting to do a brand new game with Dread. I also suspect the team behind Links Awakening remake has been working on a new top down Zelda game since that game did so well.

Wayforward did that shitty Bakugan game previously. I suspect AW was in a similar unpolished state.

As for Grezzo who made Link's Awakening, that was their 5th Zelda game.

AW is a bigger property and test for them. If they do well with it, I think a new game will be greenlit. 

Grezzo made a lot of Zelda games, but not all games are equal. Ocarina of Time 3D (which was more a remaster). That sold over 6 million. They ported Four Swords Anniversary and I can't find data on how that one did, but it was a port. They then did another remaster with MM and that sold over 3 million. They then made their first new Zelda game, but they were only co developers with EPD and it was just a multiplayer, very basic game, Triforce Heroes, which sold over a million. Then they got to actually remake a full game for the first time (not a remaster and not some super simple game like Triforce Heroes), but a full game in a brand new engine/art style, Links Awakening NS, and it has sold over 5 million copies so far.

They've done other ports like Luigi's Mansion 1 and Miitopia where they mainly just remastered them, but LA Switch is, I believe, the evidence Nintendo needed that they could handle making a brand new Zelda game. Also, the fact they they ported Miitopia over tells me they are working on a big game. Miitopia helped them gain a little cash flow with an easy port while most of their team has been working on a big new game. Granted, that's me reading between the lines and I could be wrong, but I predict a new Zelda game in the LA Switch engine from Grezzo within the next two years.