By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition Trailer

Radek said:
Cobretti2 said:

Hopefully the switch version will be fully available on the cart not 10% with 90% download lol

Well... on eShop it says it's 25 GB, and I don't think Rockstar will use 32 GB card like CD Projekt Red did...

Actually on the eShop it says 13.1Gb (I've pre-ordered it yesterday)

Around the Network
cycycychris said:
Radek said:

Ok I see that's confusing then. Yeah Rockstar has ton of money, but this doesn't mean they won't act cheap.

Remember L.A. Noire wasn't all on the card back in 2017, I expect Rockstar to use 16 GB card max this time.

Let's not also forget that they charged an extra $10 switch tax with LA Noire and didn't even put the whole game on the cart.

Indeed.

I am happy to pay the cart Tax if it means we get the full game though. 

cycycychris said:
Radek said:

Ok I see that's confusing then. Yeah Rockstar has ton of money, but this doesn't mean they won't act cheap.

Remember L.A. Noire wasn't all on the card back in 2017, I expect Rockstar to use 16 GB card max this time.

Let's not also forget that they charged an extra $10 switch tax with LA Noire and didn't even put the whole game on the cart.

That was back in the day tho. Several stuff were made back then in 2017 that nobody does today, such as:

- actual ports instead of cloud gaming

- 1080p resolution dock and 720p resolution in portable

- release the same date as the other platforms

Vice City is the only GTA I ever liked so I look forward to revisiting it, even if it is the Sims version.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

SKMBlake said:
cycycychris said:

That was back in the day tho. Several stuff were made back then in 2017 that nobody does today, such as:

We still get plenty of actual ports.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
SKMBlake said:

We still get plenty of actual ports.

To expensive to so little improvement.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

So I guess we can finally put to bed the oft-repeated notions that Nintendo and Rockstar have some deep disagreement that means GTA would never come to Switch or that Nintendo wouldn't allow such content on their platform. (Which was always nonsense anyway since they allow the likes of Outlast II, Wolfenstein II, etc)

curl-6 said:

So I guess we can finally put to bed the oft-repeated notions that Nintendo and Rockstar have some deep disagreement that means GTA would never come to Switch or that Nintendo wouldn't allow such content on their platform. (Which was always nonsense anyway since they allow the likes of Outlast II, Wolfenstein II, etc)

It was just a matter of they thinking if they would make return on the investment and cutting down to run on the machine as with every other 3rd party. I guess the thinking of 3rd parties hating Nintendo can die.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

curl-6 said:

Yes, and no.

The GTA Trilogye remakster is a "trial", the classic "if people buy that means people only want this" and "if people don't buy that means there is no audience for this kind of game on this platform"