By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite Mario Kart game?

What's your favorite Mario Kart game?

Super Mario Kart 56 7.15%

Mario Kart 64 142 18.14%

Mario Kart Super Circuit 5 0.64%

Mario Kart Double Dash!! 116 14.81%

Mario Kart DS 38 4.85%

Mario Kart Wii 48 6.13%

Mario Kart 7 15 1.92%

Mario Kart 8 55 7.02%

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 308 39.34%

Total:783

rainbow road wii best rainbow road, thus wii version best

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, like most people.

Mario Kart 7 definitely deserves a honorable mention though. I loved the time trials because it let you race against ghosts of other people, which made them a lot more exciting and gave you more of an incentive to get as good as possible. This feature doesn't seem to be present in MK8, so I guess my biggest wish for MK9 is that they bring this back.

Mario Kart Wii is my favorite. I have the best memories and most fun with it.

MK8Deluxe is the best all around MK though

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Mk8/ Mk8D, I count them as the same game, Its easily the best.

Bonus question: For MK9 I only hope that it does not follow the dreadful Smash route and adds 2038452124768123 characters from every possible franchise imaginable.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is unquestionably the best, with the largest, most diverse, and most enjoyable selection of tracks, and arguably the best mechanics and gameplay feel of the whole series. I'd also put Wii up there as a pretty underrated entry though, I think it has a lot of fun tracks, and it added the tricks which are always super fun to pull off. I used to love Mario Kart 64 as a kid, but going back it very clearly doesn't hold up. I still have a lot of nostalgia for it though.

Around the Network

I feel like I played Double Dash and Wii the most tough to decide between them. I'll go with Mario Kart Wii, I just had too many fun nights playing that one with friends. Mario Kart 8 is great, but I'm still annoyed that for those of us that played through it quite a bit on the Wii U that we won't be getting a real Mario Kart game built from the ground up with the graphical powers of the Switch.

I’ll chime in for Mario Kart 64, so many memories in balloon battle. Has balloon battle ever been so good?

For me, nothing beats the OG. No blue shell=inta-win.

Also, it's the only one that actually feels likes it takes place in the Mushroom Kingdom, which is, believe it or not, the original intention of the franchise (it's called Super Mario Kart... not Super Nintendo Kart!).

Whichever one was on the GameCube, I haven't been able to get back into it since.

Mario Kart 64.

The first time it went proper 3D. Spent so many hours... And haven't really gotten into a Mario kart since.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--