By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone still play Minecraft?

Not being able to enjoy the games I normally play anymore, I've decided to get back into Minecraft (Java) again and even bought my first server a couple of weeks ago, ahead of my birthday.

I've been enjoying it, but only so much when playing alone.  I've spent the last week, or so prepping things up, building a house, installing data packs, etc.  Does anyone still play Minecraft anymore or is it just me?

51.81.151.255:25614 

Version 1.17.1, if anyone's interested in joining me.

Around the Network

I played it alot last year, got bored after 400+ hours. Is alot of fun. Will probably get back into it eventually, just not yet.

I haven't played since before it went live. I played an alpha version from some dude's flash drive that he wasn't supposed to have a ridiculous amount of years ago. We played the heck out of it back then, building secret bases and throwing dynamite around to find and destroy each other's hidden bases. Good times. Haven't been interested since.

I used to play the now named "classic" version of Minecraft before the Alpha/Beta and the Minecraft we know of today.
Spent 6-7 thousand hours... Which consequently burned me out... Mostly that was thanks to Mojang closing down classic which forced the community I was in to implode.

I would build shit like the entire Oblivions imperial city.

I wasn't ever interested in the survival side of the game for some reason, I just enjoyed building.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I used to play a lot as well, and got burned out on it. My 'world' was on the ps4 pro which couldn't handle my complex red stone builds very well. I never managed to figure out if you could migrate the ps4 saves to PC. Then the big update came which broke a lot of my mechanisms, with no room to get them back in working order. Slightly different logic, so I went back to the old mode (ps4 version), then stopped playing as I was bound to be stuck in a no longer supported version. I guess my builds should run better on ps5 now in BC mode, but it's been too long.

Around the Network

Tried to play it but after only a few 1.000 hours I gave up...don't really see what people like about this game....

Anyway, MC is one of the few games I play on pc (yeah java edition) because I simply can't handle the cluncky controls on consoles (and I cant' use my favourite skins etc). my last long play sessions (as in hundreds of hours) was after the ocean update. the other updates weren't really for me (yet). But I like the new proposed mobs, like the allay one. Please vote for him.

SvennoJ said:

I used to play a lot as well, and got burned out on it. My 'world' was on the ps4 pro which couldn't handle my complex red stone builds very well. I never managed to figure out if you could migrate the ps4 saves to PC. Then the big update came which broke a lot of my mechanisms, with no room to get them back in working order. Slightly different logic, so I went back to the old mode (ps4 version), then stopped playing as I was bound to be stuck in a no longer supported version. I guess my builds should run better on ps5 now in BC mode, but it's been too long.

I would imagine there should be a way to move your saves to the windows 10 version.

konnichiwa said:

Tried to play it but after only a few 1.000 hours I gave up...don't really see what people like about this game....

Anyway, MC is one of the few games I play on pc (yeah java edition) because I simply can't handle the cluncky controls on consoles (and I cant' use my favourite skins etc). my last long play sessions (as in hundreds of hours) was after the ocean update. the other updates weren't really for me (yet). But I like the new proposed mobs, like the allay one. Please vote for him.

You actually can use a mouse and keyboard on consoles.  Before I knew the Windows version was cross-play with consoles, I just plugged my mouse and keyboard into my PS4 to see if it would work, because I didn't want to play it otherwise.  Now that I know better, I won't be playing the console version anymore.  Most of my time on Minecraft is on the Java version, though.

I did have to swap the Shift and Left Control keys around because sprinting and crouching were backwards, but once I did that, I was able to forget I was playing on console.

Burning Typhoon said:
SvennoJ said:

I would imagine there should be a way to move your saves to the windows 10 version.

Yeah, the butchered versions of them after they have migrated to the new version. I guess it would be pointless to get the classic saves on PC as the red stone logic seems to be different between PC and PS4.

konnichiwa said:

Funny how that is, I can't play it with mouse and keyboard after getting used to playing MC with controller since X360.

I used to play it a lot back on 360 and early Xbox One but haven't played it much in the past 5 years or so.

SvennoJ said:
Burning Typhoon said:

Yeah, the butchered versions of them after they have migrated to the new version. I guess it would be pointless to get the classic saves on PC as the red stone logic seems to be different between PC and PS4.

konnichiwa said:

Funny how that is, I can't play it with mouse and keyboard after getting used to playing MC with controller since X360.

yeah, modern consoles and the windows 10 version have the same logic, so you're fine.  if it makes sense, there are two versions of  minecaft on PC.  The windows 10 version, and Java version. I think Microsoft is integrating accounts so you can play Java with a Microsoft account, but I haven't taken the time to look into it because I was gifted both versions by different people looking to play Minecraft with me anyway.  But, if you want to bring your save over, it wont be with the Java edition.