By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest composer Koichi Sugiyama has passed away at age 90.

Leynos said:
CaptainExplosion said:

They need to build a gay bar on that hill just to rub in his face that LGBTs are real people.

Isn't Pokemon a gay bar? Poke a mon? Poke a man?

No it's poke a monster so it could be very apt

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

I see online people celebrating his death and this is bad. He was a bad person, probably even evil. But nobody deserves death wishes or the death being celebrating. Such actions make oneself a bad person.

That said, I think Shadow put it best: good artist, terrible political stances. Yes, mixed bag indeed.

It sort of depends on what the person has done. I can see people, for instance, celebrating Hitler's death. But for me, it's gotta be along those extreme lines before its justified.

As far as I go, even when people like Hitler die, it's still a sad event. We has human beings shouldn't HAVE to celebrate anyone's death. And the fact that we occasionally do is just a tragedy all around, and an indictment on where we are as a species. 

Last edited by JackHandy - on 09 October 2021

Bristow9091 said:

Honestly never really been too attached to Dragon Quest music and found most of it to be mediocre in comparison to other Square Enix games or JRPGs in general to be honest... it all sounds too samey to me, but maybe there are songs I've not heard that may change my mind. I have mixed feelings because he was an awful person, but I know plenty of people enjoyed his music. Condolences to his family though.

I agree DQ music was never special for me either, but I guess music composers com Square were just better compared to Enix and the only reason why we associated them is because they merged, but even after the merge I guess the company kept their own team and staff working in the same franchises, that's why Dragon Quest OST didn't become much better...

On topic, I don't know what this guy did, seems like he was a bad person, so I at least wish his family the best

IcaroRibeiro said:
Bristow9091 said:

Honestly never really been too attached to Dragon Quest music and found most of it to be mediocre in comparison to other Square Enix games or JRPGs in general to be honest... it all sounds too samey to me, but maybe there are songs I've not heard that may change my mind. I have mixed feelings because he was an awful person, but I know plenty of people enjoyed his music. Condolences to his family though.

I agree DQ music was never special for me either, but I guess music composers com Square were just better compared to Enix and the only reason why we associated them is because they merged, but even after the merge I guess the company kept their own team and staff working in the same franchises, that's why Dragon Quest OST didn't become much better...

On topic, I don't know what this guy did, seems like he was a bad person, so I at least wish his family the best

Switching to this song in DQXI-S was such a joy. It just never gets old. His music was more sweeping grand pieces than catchy tunes like FF. I won't take away rom the mans talent. As a person he can go to hell if there is a place. I would not say one was better than the other rather than different styles and making music that fits better with their respected series.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!