By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom x Sega x Namco RPG - Project X Zone opinions?

I've been bulking up my 3DS collection after being a Vita fan for the past 5 years and I came across Project X Zone 1&2. From the description it's a crossover RPG game featuring a lot of franchises from the big 3 independent Japanese Publishers. The games looks really interesting and I had no idea that they existed until recently. Has anybody played them and have any opinions?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_X_Zone#:~:text=Project%20X%20Zone%20is%20a,Bandai%2C%20Capcom%2C%20and%20Sega.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
Strategyking92 said:

I've been bulking up my 3DS collection after being a Vita fan for the past 5 years and I came across Project X Zone 1&2. From the description it's a crossover RPG game featuring a lot of franchises from the big 3 independent Japanese Publishers. The games looks really interesting and I had no idea that they existed until recently. Has anybody played them and have any opinions?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_X_Zone#:~:text=Project%20X%20Zone%20is%20a,Bandai%2C%20Capcom%2C%20and%20Sega.

It's ok. Not the best crossover, but a good job. 

Strategyking92 said:

I wanted to like it more than I actually did.  It was cool to see a mashup of all those characters.  But, I remember the battles just being a long slog to get through which diminished my enjoyment of the game.  I have them both, but never started the second one having not finished the first.  For what it's worth, part 2 got slightly better reviews than part 1.  

Mandalore76 said:
Strategyking92 said:

I wanted to like it more than I actually did.  It was cool to see a mashup of all those characters.  But, I remember the battles just being a long slog to get through which diminished my enjoyment of the game.  I have them both, but never started the second one having not finished the first.  For what it's worth, part 2 got slightly better reviews than part 1.  

Agreed for the first part.

I only have the second, but I plan to grab the first one as well at some point. I like it, I finished it twice already and I guess I'll be playing it a third time, too. The soundtrack is great and it's full of easter eggs and inside jokes. The gameplay seemed difficult and convoluted at first, to me at least, but it's actually pretty good.