By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - New Star Wars animated series

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000478.html

The first trailer is out.

Meh.

In my opinion, the best thing to come out of the Star Wars prequels was the Clone Wars cartoon. It had a very simple, stylized look, with tons of action and interesting storylines.

From this trailer, this CGI animated series looks very good with the action sequences.  But the characters look like 5 year old videogame models...I realize they're translating that style from the cartoon...but it just doesn't work for me...they look lifeless. In the cartoon, they were quirky and different...they had personality drawn onto them...but here, I didn't see one speck of humanity in their faces.

Meh, maybe I'm reading into it too much, but with Lucas having a large hand in this series, I'm pretty sure it's getting f*cked up.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

I didn´t think the style was that bad, kind of post-modern-retro-futuristic-dysney-pixa look, plus I didn´t see Jar-Jar in the trailer, thats alwaiys a huge plus.

Not doing it for me. Aside from Pixar, CG movies/TV usually just feel so sterile and plastic for some reason, least to me.

Didn't he already do the clone wars in a cartoon?

yeah, but Genndy Tartakovsky really made it, and it was amazing. He made Dexter's Laboratory and Samurai Jack. It made the Star Wars cartoon very stylized and action-packed...this CGI show is probably going to disappoint me.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

so what, this is redoing what gendy did?

Basically, new content though of course.

Lucas had the balls to say in an interview recently how "the Cartoon Network series was only a test for the real animated series, which is probably going to be very different." Ugh. He manages to take credit for everything and shoot it down at the same time...Tartakovsky made Clone Wars what it was, and Lucas is just a turd.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

How dare you turn against your creator :)

it looks like they just made a 3D version of the first Clone Wars series. I didn't care much for that style to begin with. I wish they tried I different style with this one. Oh well their is always the Live Action series.

Currently playing:
Wii: MySims | Xbox360: Halo3 / Pac-Man C.E | DS: Scurge | PSP: Ghost in the Shell

"Lesbians, Better then eMail."
~Lanky Man - My Big Fat Independent Movie

BenKenobi88 said:

Basically, new content though of course.

Lucas had the balls to say in an interview recently how "the Cartoon Network series was only a test for the real animated series, which is probably going to be very different." Ugh. He manages to take credit for everything and shoot it down at the same time...Tartakovsky made Clone Wars what it was, and Lucas is just a turd.

What an ass Lucas is.  Let's put it this way: I own both volumes of the animated series on DVD but none of the uber-crap that is Episodes I-III.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)