By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware September 4-11 - PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Switch Sales Rise

Excellent sales for all 3!

Around the Network

SWITCH RISING

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Wow I'm surprised switch is that much less from last year

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Next week in 2020, the Switch did about 505k and the two following weeks for September an average of 405k. October 2020 the Switch did an average of 505k/weekly.

Im the one thinking that the OLED won’t do too much effect in the long run unlike most people are saying here, but who knows. 

Well I have no doubt it will rise sharply as the holidays approach but that's a lot of units.  If it keeps that same percentage difference in bigger weeks it will be a lot more units under 

I am Iron Man

Around the Network
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

As of last week's charts it is only down 6.3% from 2020 YTD, and it's more than double 2018 YTD, and around 6 million ahead of 2019 YTD.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 23 September 2021

Hmmm 6.3% interesting.  I wonder if it will keep that drop in coming months 

I am Iron Man

Switch’s 2020 summer was ridiculously good, it’s no shame that this year doesn’t match it. However I’m positive this year’s holiday will be better than last, repairing the gap in one fell swoop. This year’s final number will be around the last, either just below or just above.

Switch 2021 now more than 6 million ahead of 2019 YTD, and still holding well against 2020 considering how insane that year was.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 23 September 2021

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Hmmm 6.3% interesting.  I wonder if it will keep that drop in coming months 

Doubtful.  Switch had an amazing 2020, but its success can be summed up in two words: Animal Crossing.  AC:NH launched in March 2020, and Switch didn't have any real big title for the holiday quarter.  In fact Switch's top selling title for the holiday quarter of 2020 was Animal Crossing.

So far 2021 sales are only down like 6.6% against the Animal Crossing juggernaut.  Switch still has the OLED model and a Pokemon title.  It's holiday for 2021 is going to be a lot better than the 2020 holiday.