By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does the Wii need a price cut in PAL?

Does the Wii need a price cut in PAL since it isn't selling out anymore?  I think it doesn't need it but a pricecut will increase the lead they have.

Around the Network

I am normally saying that it isn't sold out in my country but it is at the moment and then you are making a thread like this;.This is very odd =p.

Who says it isn't selling out? It's still all gone here in Australia. At least around me.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Not right now. When sales begin to start dropping off, then it will be time.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

It's gone here as well..

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

Let's wait until WiiFit, then we wait until Smash, oh wait then it is the holiday. SO next spring for the pricecut.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

It's not sold out all the time like in the USA, but sometimes it is (in some countries, especially UK from what I see). Wii Fit may make it sold out even more often.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Nintendo likes money. They are still selling a hell of a lot and currently making a shitload of cash.

The DS should give you an idea of how soon they are willing to do pricecuts.

Slow sales are a reason to cut the price.

"Not selling out" is hardly a reason to cut the price.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

no, not now, maybe when the sales are really low ( half of what its selling now), then a price cut may be needed to bring back up sales but for now, the wii is still selling very good in Europe