By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U or 3DS?

I choose...

Wii U 15 34.88%

3DS 28 65.12%

Total:43

Of Nintendo's last dedicated portable and console, which did you prefer, and why?

Around the Network

3DS

Wii U library was too small and uneventful 

I cannot stand the 3Ds. Wii U gave me Xenoblade X. Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Bayonetta 2 to name a few. I hated using 3DS. If SMTIV and DQVII get ported to Switch I'd trash that thing in a hurry.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

3DS all day. Just more games and better games.

I like the wiiU from a hardware perspective more but if I had to choose one, I'd go with the 3ds.

The reason is because of a large lack of games. The 3ds always had a good mix of first party and third party games to keep me active while the wiiU was like... I sure hope you like waiting for Nintendo games cause that's all you are gonna get. Waiting and Nintendo games... Like I obviously get Nintendo platforms mainly for Nintendo games but the waiting was nuts! Luckily I had other platforms to keep me going in between the wiiU droughts.

Plus I do like being able to see tits in 3d.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

3DS obviously, Nintendo actually tried with that one.

Absolutely loved the 3DS so many good games. So many of Nintendo's own franchises were really good to great. Loads of fun Indie and smaller games as wells as the ability to play it anywhere while still allowing for meaty experiences made me love the system.

3DS had a bigger games catalog, and many more RPGs to enjoy on it.

looking back, esp after ports of games to the Switch.... Wii U just feels like a letdown (today what reason is there to keep a wiiU?).
3DS isnt like that, when looking back.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 13 September 2021

Leynos said:

I cannot stand the 3Ds. Wii U gave me Xenoblade X. Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Bayonetta 2 to name a few. I hated using 3DS. If SMTIV and DQVII get ported to Switch I'd trash that thing in a hurry.

Arnt Xenoblade X, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and Bayonetta all on the Switch already?
Like which great game does the Wii U have, that makes sense to not just "trash that thing, in a hurry" ?

Both had disappointing first years, but the 3DS kept a steady stream of quality software from late 2011-2016, while the Wii U never got its act fully together.

On the hardware side, the 3DS had a gimmick that proved controversial, with some loving and some hating the 3d effect, but it kept everything that made the DS such a big success. The Wii U was killed by its gimmick and abandoned what made they Wii so appealing. The 3DS despite being weaker than the Vita still looked very nice as an early 2010s handheld, while the Wii U was unacceptably underpowered for a 2010s home console, moreso than the Wii since graphics and HD visuals were supposedly more of a priority with the Wii U while the Wii was all about gameplay over graphics.