By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 34, 2021 - (16th August - 22nd August)

It will certainly be interesting to see how Japan takes to the OLED model. The Lite wasn't as huge there as some predicted, with the base model remaining dominant in spite of the country predilection for handheld play. Perhaps a premium model will seem more attractive than a cheaper but stripped down one.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 28 August 2021

Around the Network

Sogreblute said:
Agente42 said:

Bandai Namco low effort ports. 

More like slow on the ports. Some of their biggest releases should have had a Switch version day one. They just keep doing late port after late port and they aren't learning. I bet Scarlet Nexus will get a Switch port next year. That game hasn't reached 1 million sales yet despite being on 5 platforms. I wouldn't be shocked if Tales of Arise gets a Switch port also. I know these ports sell well if Bandai are still doing them, but they would do better if they were day one. They really should have learned from Koei Tecmo where they have Switch versions of their big games day one.

I don't think these games will ever come to the Switch. They are developed by Bandai Namco Studios, nothing from them has released on the Switch thus far because of Harada. All those late ported games are from other studios.