By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Doom Slayers Collection announced for Switch

Tagged games:

Kakadu18 said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Why not Doom Eternal? Doom 2016 already has a retail version, a boxed version of Eternal would've been nice, since it's digital only on the Switch.

Edit: Wait, so 2016 is the only one on the cartridge? What's the point, then?

It's cheaper than buying separately.

Not really, all of the digital games have been discounted heavily multiple times at this point, and Doom 2016 is old enough to be discounted in many retailers. This seems a way to keep the price up.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Fantastic value there. *edit(much cheaper other places)
Wonder if they can actually fit that onto a single cartridge? like if they did some work with the texture quality and compression, maybe removed multiplayer parts and such. So you have a cartridge with all games on, and the single player experiances, without a need to download half the games.

*edit: googled it found this:

*edit 2:
Playstation store (ps4), has the Doom Slayers Collection for 54 kr (thats like $8 USD).
Maybe just get it there instead lol (if your gonna need to download to play stuff anyways).

why do you always do this in threads about third party switch games?

Baddman said:
JRPGfan said:

Fantastic value there. *edit(much cheaper other places)
Wonder if they can actually fit that onto a single cartridge? like if they did some work with the texture quality and compression, maybe removed multiplayer parts and such. So you have a cartridge with all games on, and the single player experiances, without a need to download half the games.

*edit: googled it found this:

*edit 2:
Playstation store (ps4), has the Doom Slayers Collection for 54 kr (thats like $8 USD).
Maybe just get it there instead lol (if your gonna need to download to play stuff anyways).

I honestly thought it was decent value, esp if all the games were on cartidges.
Then I looked if that was the case, and found out it wasnt.
Then checked if it was even good value, since I was already wrong once before in my comments.
Found out it was much cheaper on PStore.

I dont always do this.
But part of it is, the people that sell games on switch dont themselves make it clear if games/which come on cartridges.
So the only way to find out is off of people "in the know" on the net that post about it.

to be clear, I hate when this happends on PS4 or PC as well.
You buy a physical disc, and all thats on it is basically a installer and a code, and you have to download the entire game off the internet.
(at which point, why even bother with physical?)

JRPGfan said:
Baddman said:

I honestly thought it was decent value, esp if all the games were on cartidges.
Then I looked if that was the case, and found out it wasnt.
Then checked if it was even good value, since I was already wrong once before in my comments.
Found out it was much cheaper on PStore.

I dont always do this.
But part of it is, the people that sell games on switch dont themselves make it clear if games/which come on cartridges.
So the only way to find out is off of people "in the know" on the net that post about it.

to be clear, I hate when this happends on PS4 or PC as well.
You buy a physical disc, and all thats on it is basically a installer and a code, and you have to download the entire game off the internet.
(at which point, why even bother with physical?)

This is what shits me with devs on Switch. If they just took it more serious and put the full game on a cart then I would have bought at least 40 more games. 

So not only is Switch Doomed, but Switch is collectively Doomed.

Around the Network

Still hoping for an Eternal physical release.   /sigh

Dulfite said:

So not only is Switch Doomed, but Switch is collectively Doomed.

Not just collectively, separately it's even eternally doomed

https://www.ebgames.com.au/product/nintendo-switch/277748-doom-slayers-collection

There is HOPE!!!

until you read the fine print :(

Includes:
DOOM (2016)
DOOM (Download code)
DOOM II (Download code)
DOOM 64 (Download code)
DOOM 3 (Download code)