By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Pokémon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl trailer

From the Pokemon Presents show. Coming 19th of November.

Around the Network

Seems like Gamefreak has picked up it's graphics quality this time around... Some good rendering effects (Reflections) going on.

Still not class-leading for the Switch, but definitely a big step up it seems.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Looks better than in the reveal, already preordered Brilliant Diamond.

I inda get the thinking behind the artstyle now, with it mimicking the aesthetic from the original Diamond and Pearl. I can see why it’s not to everyone’s liking, but the way they’ve used it is kinda neat, even if I probably would have preferred it in the style of Sword and Shield.

It all looks great except the overworld character models, I just can't make myself get used to it.

Around the Network

does this game have the content from platinum included? either way looks great and I'm getting the double pack for the kids

Gonna pass on this one too.

Still not convinced by either the graphics or the fact it seems a 1:1 recreation of the original.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

What's with the difference of 2 months between releases? Do they want people to choose which one to buy?

Pemalite said:

Seems like Gamefreak has picked up it's graphics quality this time around... Some good rendering effects (Reflections) going on.

Still not class-leading for the Switch, but definitely a big step up it seems.

Yeah it definitely looks better than when it was revealed in March.

Gamefreak are only supervising this one though; they're making Legends Arceus. Main development of this is by ILCA, a Japanese company who've previously worked primarily as a support studio on games like Nier Automata, Ace Combat 7, Dragon Quest 11, and Yakuza 0, as well as helming Pokémon Home.