By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The rumored Quake game being developed by id and MachineGames just might be true

Bethesda just released the QuakeCon schedule and I couldn't help but notice what's opening the Convention this year! It could literally be just the devs talking about Quake, but with the rumor behind the new game being a collab between both studios AND opening the weekend with this? I think a reveal could very well happen.

Around the Network

Sounds interesting. Every Quake was basically a unique game, so I am curious to see what a reboot is.

Either way, I would like to see all the original games on Xbox. We need Quake 1 in glorious 4K and 120 fps.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

The doom reboot has worked out well. Guess they saw that as another reason to give Quake a good go at it.

Oh I fought Quake Champions killed off Quake will I'm wrong good to know

Apparently another panel in the QuakeCon schedule had more information but was quickly changed. Although, it sounds more like a remaster of the original Quake game with the "revitalized edition" phrase. I'm hoping there's more to it than that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqsOClqFpmQ

Around the Network

I hope so! Quake was one of the 1st games I ever played. When I went over to my friends house, he would control the movement and I did the shooting. Good times.

Makes alot of sense. Doom has finished and Quake is a perfect future reboot. I wouldn't be suprised if Carmack returns to help produce it.

I would say I'd be looking forward to this but after Quake live the latest Wolfenstein games I'll keep my expectations in check.

Last edited by hinch - on 14 August 2021