By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware July 18-24 - PS5 Sales Rise - Adjustments to Switch and PS4

yo33331 said:

So what are the final total sales for the switch after the adjustments ? because you say here 88,754,109 and on the front page the number is 88.97?

If they have updated it already, clean your cache and it should display the most recent number on the front page.

Around the Network

Sony's dominance in Europe looks to continue this gen. Despite stock issues, the PS5 is catching up to Switch weekly sales in Europe.

The sales of the Xbox Series S/X in Japan seem to be at an all-time high, or close to it. As I've said before, this is the sales figure I'm probably most interested in for the foreseeable future.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Still looks like switch sales for last quarter are too high. Nintendo's graph shows a 23.8% drop in sell-through YoY, VGC is currently showing a 16.4% drop. The rest of the years line-up pretty well with VGC estimates with Apr-Jun 2018 and 2019 YoY percentage being less than 1% out. So I think the graph is definitely to scale.

To match VGC estimates for 2020 and Nintendo's graph switch sales last quarter should be 4.52m not 4.96m.

I'm curious as to why PS5 is ahead of XSX in NA even only by 2k, if the last NDP figures had XSX solidly ahead for the month.

newwil7l said:

I'm curious as to why PS5 is ahead of XSX in NA even only by 2k, if the last NDP figures had XSX solidly ahead for the month.

So 1 month the xbox pulls ahead and that means the PlayStation never be ahead from now on? 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
newwil7l said:

That month was June. These numbers here are for the week July 18th-24th.

And if that was clear I want to redirect you to the question in the post above this one.

eva01beserk said:
newwil7l said:

So 1 month the xbox pulls ahead and that means the PlayStation never be ahead from now on? 

XSX was ahead in May as well was it not? I see no indication that things changed for July, but we shall see.

newwil7l said:
eva01beserk said:

XSX was ahead in May as well was it not? I see no indication that things changed for July, but we shall see.

It's all just a game of how much stock each company can produce rn I think. Last month Microsoft had more, this month Sony did, since they all sell out in minutes

newwil7l said:
eva01beserk said:

No it wasent. Thats why June was celebrated cuz its the first time it won. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

TheWalrusCaesar said:
newwil7l said:

It's all just a game of how much stock each company can produce rn I think. Last month Microsoft had more, this month Sony did, since they all sell out in minutes

Thats definetly a factor.

But I belive more that its the hardcore fans that are buying right now. Sony and MS cant satisfy them yet but that fanbase has a limit. Once they purchased their console the rest of the purchases need to be justified like a certain game certain feture power exct. Question is who will hit that limit first. My money is on Xbox. Judging by 8th gen Sony has got to have more fans willimg to upgrade. While thwre are less xbox fans that need to upgrade.