Front Mission 3 0 0%

Saga Frontier 1 4.00%

Threads of Fate 0 0%

Legend of Mana 0 0%

Parasite Eve 2 8.00%

Brave Fencer Musashi 1 4.00%

Other 0 0%

Total:25

SquareSoft was on fire this decade in general but the PS1 era is just so legendary. PS1 and to a lesser extent Saturn were loaded with great RPGs. Square just could not be stopped on PS1. We all know Final Fantasy but what about the others?

EDIT I accidentally hit enter before finishing the poll.

EDIT Number 2. Fixed.

Last edited by Leynos - on 31 July 2021

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Why don't you edit and add the other options?

Edit: Below the poll to the right there is a green edit thread click that and then you can edit the options on the poll.  

Edit2: my vote is for Chrono Cross anyway but others might want the other options.

Last edited by Chicho - on 31 July 2021

Chicho said:

Why don't you edit and add the other options?

Edit: Below the poll to the right there is a green edit thread click that and then you can edit the options on the poll.  

Edit2: my vote is for Chrono Cross anyway but others might want the other options.

Oh wow ok I never knew about that thank you!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

You are most welcome.

Saga Frontier for me.
Gameplay was really diferent, you have 7 characters to play , combat is fantastic and the music superb.
Legend of Mana, Chrono Cross, Saga Frontier 2 and Parasite Eve comes after for me.
Xenogears is a special case for me, the game was truly fascinating in regards to Story and music. I really enjoy my time with that game, but i replay years later and the pacing and gameplay are really mediocre. That is a game that need a remake.

Sorry for my bad english.

Around the Network

Are you thinking of specifically PS1 RPGs, or 1994-2000 RPGs in general?

I not read the OP, so i listed just Square RPGS.
From others company i prefer:
Breath of Fire 3
Breath of Fire 4
Persona
Persona 2 :Inocent sin
Persona 2 : Eternal Punishment
Suikoden
Suikoden 2.

Does Grandia or Lunar? If not Suikoden 1+2.

You put Xenogears first in the poll because you know that's the correct answer. Cheeky guy.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Chrono Cross