By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Official Steam Deck Thread

Will you buy one?

Yes, I'm excited to get one. 20 34.48%

No, I don't think so. 22 37.93%

Maybe, I need to see how ... 16 27.59%

Total:58

Confirmation email in aaaaand bank has issues. Have to sort it tomorrow, but stoked!

Around the Network
hinch said:

Confirmation email in aaaaand bank has issues. Have to sort it tomorrow, but stoked!

Happy for you. I wish I could get my hands on one...

Cheers, hope you get yours soon mate.

Just waiting for dispatch notice now..

Got a great deal on 256 GB SanDisk Ultra microSD cards.
Bought 4 x 256 GB (so 1 TB in total) for 30 €.

It's time to label my SD-card-adapters with stickers, which show logos of the game series on each microSD card.

One of my microSD-cards is filled with all compatible LEGO games, one with all Telltale games (+ Life is Strange + David Cage), one with Emulation stuff. The next ones will be filled with Assassin's Creed games, Batman Arkham games and Tomb Raider games.

Maybe one micro-SD card with racing games, logo will be a car.

So far I've prepared these logos, but perhaps I'll change them:

Last edited by Conina - on 28 May 2022

Conina said:

Got a great deal on 256 GB SanDisk Ultra microSD cards.
Bought 4 x 256 GB (so 1 TB in total) for 30 €.

It's time to label my SD-card-adapters with stickers, which show logos of the game series on each microSD card.

One of my microSD-cards is filled with all compatible LEGO games, one with all Telltale games (+ Life is Strange + David Cage), one with Emulation stuff. The next ones will be filled with Assassin's Creed games, Batman Arkham games and Tomb Raider games.

Maybe one micro-SD card with racing games, logo will be a car.

So far I've prepared these logos, but perhaps I'll change them:

From all the testing you have done so far, how much is the loss of performance (timewise or other things, like stuttering) when you compare running the game on the OG SSD or on the cards? I've seen some reports over the internet, but I'd much rather have your take on this.

Around the Network
farlaff said:

From all the testing you have done so far, how much is the loss of performance (timewise or other things, like stuttering) when you compare running the game on the OG SSD or on the cards? I've seen some reports over the internet, but I'd much rather have your take on this.

I haven't played many open world games with much streaming, but so far absolutely no problems. Most games that are playable on Steam Deck were designed for slow HDDs (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One...) or even slower loading directly from DVDs and CDs (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, Wii U...).

P.S.: First printout on normal paper to get the size right:

Last edited by Conina - on 30 May 2022

Got it. Thanks!

Btw anyone with a SD have installed a screen protector on it? I'm looking for a good one and the ones I can see on Amazon (particularly the tempered glass) have issues with touch screen sensitivity and/or size cut issues.

Nearly a year wait.. and its here!