By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Nintendo sytem (handheld & console) has your favorite library of games?

Which Nintendo system (handheld & console) has your favorite library of games?

NES 4 8.33%

Game Boy/Game Boy Color 0 0%

SNES 16 33.33%

N64 9 18.75%

Game Boy Advance 1 2.08%

GameCube 6 12.50%

Wii 2 4.17%

DS 4 8.33%

3DS 5 10.42%

Wii U 1 2.08%

Total:48
Agente42 said:
curl-6 said:

Second place for me would be the Wii.

Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Xenoblade Chronicles, Metroid Prime 3, Monster Hunter Tri, Zelda Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Fatal Frame 4 and the reimagining of 2, Sin & Punishment Star Successor, the Goldeneye 007 reimagining, Mario Kart Wii, The Last Story, just so many excellent games, many of them criminally overlooked.

The problem of Wii was line up after 2010. Nintendo takes the cautionary approach and Zelda and Metroid are not the best-beloved versions. 

The Wii definitely declined steeply after 2010, but it's last two years still had Xenoblade, Skyward Sword, The Last Story, Fatal Frame 2 in PAL/JP, Rayman Origins, Modern Warfare 3, de Blob 2, and Pandora's Tower.

As for Zelda and Metroid, the Wii's two Zeldas are the #3 and #4 best in the series to me and Prime 3 the second best Metroid.

Around the Network

SNES

Mortal Kombat II
Secret of Mana
Chrono Trigger
Battletoads and Double Dragon
Final Fantasy IV-VI
Super Mario All-Stars
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario World
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Super Metroid
Super Streets of Rage
Super Mario World II
MegaMan X-X3
Doom

Edit: Pretty much anything with Super infront of the name, haha

Super Zelda

Super Kirby

Super Barbie

我是广州人

It's tricky.. Sheer amount of solid games including indies? That would probably be Switch, or at least fast approaching that.

Multiplayer games? Wii or N64.

Exclusives? SNES or GameCube.

Overall though I'd probably have to go with the SNES for the time being.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Wii currently, though Switch has a very good chance of overtaking it.

My 2 favorite Mario games in the Galaxy series.
My 3rd and 1st favorite Zelda games in Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.
My favorite Metroid in Prime 3 plus the trilogy.
The best version of Resident Evil 4 to this day.
Xenoblade and Last Story.
I still enjoy picking up Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort.
Brawl was my favorite Smash game until Ultimate.
Goldeneye.
Endless Ocean
Red Steel 2
Excite Bots
Epic Mickey.
DKCR, the Kirby games, and NSMBW.
Muramasa
What I consider the best versions of certain 3rd party games like Ghostbusters, Force Unleashed 1, and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
The last few Tiger Woods and the first 3 Madden games on the system are the best those series have ever been for me.
Resident Evil, House of the Dead, Dead Space rail shooters.
Sonic Colors

If we go by games first released on the console SNES wins this one. If we include ports, remake, remasters and whatnot, then Switch wins since in addition to the great lineup of original games it has tons of NES, SNES games through Switch Online and plenty of old classics (Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, Mario 3D All-Stars, etc...) and some of the best indie games ever (Hollow Knight, Celeste, Hades, Risk of Rain, Ori, Cuphead, Shovel Knight, etc..)

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Switch is #3 for me so far, but at this rate it's got a decent chance of surpassing both SNES and Wii by the end of its lifespan to claim the all time #1 spot.

Just 2-3 more games on the level of Mario Odyssey, Monster Hunter Rise, or Witcher 3 would get it there.