By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Moral Question: If were promised impunity, would every murder anybody?

EDIT: No idea what's up with the topic. I spent like 5 minutes tweaking it so it would fit, and somewhere, apparently, something went horribly, horribly wrong. What it SHOULD have said:

If you were promised impunity, would you ever murder anybody?

Topic. Apply any situation you like; paid assassin, self defense, unleashing your anger on somebody you really hate, whatever.

To restate: If there was NO way whatsoever to get in trouble for it, would you ever kill another person, for any reason?

Personally, I'm not sure; I know there are some situations that might neccesitate killing (i.e., self defense), but I don't think I'm the kind of guy who could kill somebody. Maybe, though. I'm kind of on the fences about my own question.

Everybody else?

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network

I don't think i could kill someone ....

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

there is no "impunity" for murder. Maybe from jail, but I'm talking with God.

Yes of course :). I would like to do that in fact.

I think I could kill someone in an assisted suicide kind of situation where they truly wanted to die and they were suffering, but it would still be incredibly difficult.

Around the Network

Your title's screwed up...

I'm not sure. Although you may think you would kill in a certain situation, in reality, you may not act in that manner, so I could say that I would, but I might not if the oppurtunity came up. 

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

You mean, like...

If that so, probably a lot of people. Lots and lots of people.

A death note is for cowards.

konnichiwa said:
A death note is for cowards.

This thread mentioned the impunity, and is there any other way of getting impunity without that? (Being a politician doesn't counts) Also, having a Death Note would be so SO fun. Imagine that, screwin everyone's minds and making everyone shudder in fear. lulz worthy

And in Mexico you can't kill in self-defense, but I would do it anyway if needed

maybe???