By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Moral Question: If were promised impunity, would every murder anybody?

I would rather just make someone quadriplegic, at least then they can look back and think 'Shit son, I done fucked up and payed the price'.

Around the Network
fazz said:
konnichiwa said:
A death note is for cowards.

This thread mentioned the impunity, and is there any other way of getting impunity without that? (Being a politician doesn't counts) Also, having a Death Note would be so SO fun. Imagine that, screwin everyone's minds and making everyone shudder in fear. lulz worthy

And in Mexico you can't kill in self-defense, but I would do it anyway if needed

^^'' Oh I see...

If I kill someone and they don't find out = impunity right???

I don't know for sure, I don't really like to kill anyone

No, I think its morally wrong. Whether you believe in God or not, deciding whether or not someone else lives and dies is not my business.

Besides, there may be a guy like:

who might catch on 

coolestguyever said:
there is no "impunity" for murder. Maybe from jail, but I'm talking with God.
Whatever happened to repenting your sins, and all that jazz? So you're eternally damned if you kill somebody, even its to save the lives of thousand of others? 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network

"If there was NO way whatsoever to get in trouble for it" then it would not be a sin, because "God is a righteous judge". If murder was not a sin then I would do it.

then there also is the "Sin" of omission. If you refrain from telling someone that the building is on fire, then I say you are guilty from withholding important information.

Now if your family was being held hostage by a terrorist or something and the only way to save them is to use your magic death powers, then that's a very interesting situation. I would have to say that I probably would use the death power at that point.  That contradicts what I said before, but hey, I'm human. Humans are hypocritical and contradict themselves all the time.

blaydcor said:
coolestguyever said:
Whatever happened to repenting your sins, and all that jazz? So you're eternally damned if you kill somebody, even its to save the lives of thousand of others? 

That's not murder. It's called justice.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
blaydcor said:
coolestguyever said:

That's not murder. It's called justice.

Semantics. It's all subjective, really, whether it's 'justice' or 'murder'. At the end of the day, you still take somebody's life. 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Yes, there are many people out there that have done terrible things that are hard to imagine.  Some have done things to young children, animals, and others that are the stuff of nightmares.  I would have no problem with killing such people and it's not simply because I'm not religious.  I would do the same thing even if I knew for certain that there was a Heaven and Hell simply because I would be willing to go to Hell to save people from experiencing the horrors and suffering that these people cause.