By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Apparently someone found a 'permanent' fix for Joy-Con drift.

Nah this wears the contacts out faster. There is no real fix. The only fix is for Nintendo to stop using off the shelf Ali express parts and use a more custom design that doesn't use those shitty contacts. Metal scraping the contacts is why drift is happening.

Last edited by Leynos - on 14 July 2021

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

A permanent fix is a class-action lawsuit.

I'm thinking of buying the swtich. Is it possible to connect a switch pro controller to the oled screen instead of using the joycon?

KratosLives said:

I'm thinking of buying the swtich. Is it possible to connect a switch pro controller to the oled screen instead of using the joycon?

If you mean wirelessly, then yes. Once it's synced you just hold the home button and voila. They also make these 

https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-split-pad-pro-black/-/A-80110543?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tgtao&DFA=71700000012807845&CPNG=PLA_Electronics%2BShopping_Local%7CElectronics_Ecomm_Hardlines&adgroup=SC_Electronics&LID=700000001170770pgs&LNM=PRODUCT_GROUP&network=g&device=c&location=9004360&targetid=aud-554728242396:pla-667803313112&ds_rl=1246978&ds_rl=1248099&gclid=CjwKCAjwlrqHBhByEiwAnLmYUGqNc4Lnew8Piwtfs8fOidXq1NTpUQ8kceDu2j-vE_Q9h6iSjW3bpBoCz7sQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

which are joycons that are more like an xbox/ps controller.

KratosLives said:

Just buy a Split Pad Pro. I have not used the Joycons since 2019.  https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Split-Ergonomic-Controller-Handheld/dp/B08FJ7XY3B

Around the Network
Leynos said:
KratosLives said:

Just buy a Split Pad Pro. I have not used the Joycons since 2019.  https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Split-Ergonomic-Controller-Handheld/dp/B08FJ7XY3B

Is it comfortable to game with? Or is the screen not as heavy as I imagine?

This means its probably a manufactureing issue.
ei. not all controllers, are as "tight" around that area, as nintendo planned.
(stuff like wear and tear, and plasic giveing abit, could also be causeing it).

Wonder if Nintendo is aware of this.
If not, they should pay this guy (if pressure fix really works) for finding it (the root cause).

KratosLives said:
Leynos said:

Is it comfortable to game with? Or is the screen not as heavy as I imagine?

Very comfy. I never play undocked without them.

JRPGfan said:

If not, they should pay this guy (if pressure fix really works) for finding it (the root cause).

Nintendo is using stock Chinese parts. Nothing custom about them. Same parts as some Sony systems.

Leynos said:
JRPGfan said:

Nintendo is using stock Chinese parts. Nothing custom about them. Same parts as some Sony systems.

PS5:

Switch Joycon:

These 2 parts look differnt to me.