By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What does Microsoft need to do to make Killer Instinct happen again?

I love this series and Characters, What I want them to do is what every hardcore fighting gamer wants , Ultimate finishers Aka Fatalities of KI to be bloody like The classics from SNES and Arcade , they could be abit lesser than Mortal Kombat as always but what made me like entire Killer Instinct from Xbox One was every new mechanic like counter breaker and Shadow Attacks. the only thing I hated was weak Ultimate Finishers AKA Killer Instincts Fatalities being wack . I miss Killer Instinct Fatalities in Killer Instinct arcade like these below. Also ask Iron Galaxy they'll double their paycheck this time.

0:35 mark My favorite fulgore fatality :D

Update OP 1:05 PM Pacific time june 25 / 2021 ,we have an answer to why Killer Instinct is not being made .watch video below.

This saddens me we only have Neatherrealm studio and Iron Galaxy, the rest are indies , Microsoft want's to One up the current Killer Instinct that had so much love and Heart to make , This Saddens me and Iron Galaxy so busy. 

Ki is really in a rough situation I think? If I get what this video is saying?

Last edited by dx11332sega - on 25 June 2021

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network

Give Rare 1% of the budget they save for Halo and Forza.

One man can dream...

The Ulttimates are fine. People just don’t know a good time even if it lands on there face.

Hire Iron Galaxy to make one again.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Make another next-gen only Killer Instinct and make it quick? the previous one benefited heavily looking "next-gen" and being early before game like Tekken taken over.

The competitive fighting scene is so big right now, I am sure the next Killer Instinct will do better. Not that I was ever a fan, I was always considered it to be a meme fighting game but that's just me.

Around the Network

Killer Instinct always had a target audience of people who want bleeding edge technology and stringable combos. It’s also meant to be a perfect bridge between mortal kombat and street fighter.

In terms of visual effects, the latest killer instinct delivered the goods. Combos, check. Bridge..? I see the OPs point here.. it does lack the No Mercy kills to fully do its job. That could have made a big ole difference in sales.

I wonder if Netherrealms studio sued them and that’s why they took out the fatalities…

Pardon my ignorance, but why not create something like KI that has characters from all the different IPS they own now? Basically a more edgy, Microsoft version of Smash staring MasterChief, Doom guy, Perfect Dark lady, etc.?

Dulfite said:

Pardon my ignorance, but why not create something like KI that has characters from all the different IPS they own now? Basically a more edgy, Microsoft version of Smash staring MasterChief, Doom guy, Perfect Dark lady, etc.?

KI was basically that, had a bunch of MS IPs in later seasons.

anyways to the OP: The right studio and time is all they need

haxxiy said:

Give Rare 1% of the budget they save for Halo and Forza.

One man can dream...

Rare doesn't even have a team available for this, and we are talking about MS, money/budget isn't an issue lol.

Updated Original Post why we don't have a Killer Instinct.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.