By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox Wireless Headset review!

After over 100 hours with this headset, how does it fair against my other listening experiences? But more importantly... how many times do I say Dolby Atmos?!

Also, don't tell the world that I got it for $79.99 as opposed to $99.99 lol

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
Around the Network

Good review! I've been curious about these. Seems like you get what you pay for. In ways it's average(comfort/size) and others it's better than the budget headset(dolby atmos). 

ZyroXZ2 said:

After over 100 hours with this headset, how does it fair against my other listening experiences? But more importantly... how many times do I say Dolby Atmos?!

I just want to know what happened to this guy and why isn't he reviewing headsets ? he would have worn them over the hat also his accent was more refined.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 25 June 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Scored the Lucid LS50x for free a couple weeks ago. Definitely not a bad headset for the Xbox.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

smroadkill15 said:

Good review! I've been curious about these. Seems like you get what you pay for. In ways it's average(comfort/size) and others it's better than the budget headset(dolby atmos). 

Pretty much, BUT... I forgot that I got the Dolby Atmos license FREE with my RIG 800LX... That was nearly 4 years ago, though, so yea, I failed to mention that the Dolby Atmos license is extra (you have to buy it...) *sigh* Now I feel bad, like I didn't go a good job as a reviewer because I forgot that I've had the Dolby Atmos license this whole time and that it normally costs extra...

mjk45 said:
ZyroXZ2 said:

I just want to know what happened to this guy and why isn't he reviewing headsets ? he would have worn them over the hat also his accent was more refined.

Pfff, that dude is dead, he was a failure! lol

... Not that the cowboy thing is exactly taking off either...

Pemalite said:

Scored the Lucid LS50x for free a couple weeks ago. Definitely not a bad headset for the Xbox.

That DOES seem like what I expect from MS if they make an Elite version of their official Xbox headset.  Like a lot of shoppers would choose for their Xbox, if given a $250 headset and a $250 Xbox headset, they'd naturally pick the "Xbox" headset.  That's not saying that third-party headset isn't good, but just like shoppers would naturally prefer "Nintendo" accessories, I think MS needs to make a $200-$250 Elite headset for people who want something better while staying with official first-party products!

Having said that, the LS50x having 50mm drivers is naturally going to sound better lol

^^/
Around the Network

Thanks for the review.  I still haven't decided on a headset yet.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

I wanted to get these when they came out but they were sold out everywhere. I got the Razer Kaira Pro’s instead. They also have the ability to connect to a BT source and Xbox Wireless source, like the Xbox headset. So I can join a voice chat in Discord on my phone and also hear the game audio from the Xbox. It’s a game changer.

ZyroXZ2 said:
smroadkill15 said:

Pretty much, BUT... I forgot that I got the Dolby Atmos license FREE with my RIG 800LX... That was nearly 4 years ago, though, so yea, I failed to mention that the Dolby Atmos license is extra (you have to buy it...) *sigh* Now I feel bad, like I didn't go a good job as a reviewer because I forgot that I've had the Dolby Atmos license this whole time and that it normally costs extra...

Ehh I feel like most people who are familiar with Dolby Atmos know this, but you could always add a note in your video about it if it really bothers you that much lol. 

DroidKnight said:

Thanks for the review.  I still haven't decided on a headset yet.

It's a tough choice because there's so much competition!  Per above, this usually results in people simply selecting first-party accessories lol

LudicrousSpeed said:

I wanted to get these when they came out but they were sold out everywhere. I got the Razer Kaira Pro’s instead. They also have the ability to connect to a BT source and Xbox Wireless source, like the Xbox headset. So I can join a voice chat in Discord on my phone and also hear the game audio from the Xbox. It’s a game changer.

The only time I use Discord is for the Switch because Nintendo still can't figure out native party chat, lol

smroadkill15 said:
ZyroXZ2 said:

Ehh I feel like most people who are familiar with Dolby Atmos know this, but you could always add a note in your video about it if it really bothers you that much lol. 

I've learned no one ever reads video descriptions anymore lol... But it does make me feel bad because technically, I'm there hawking the Xbox Wireless Headset as being good only with Dolby Atmos, but that then makes it a more expensive headset...

^^/