By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Should Give Metroid Prime Federation Force Another Go

curl-6 said:
mZuzek said:

Nintendo fans' ideas on how to make new games in their favorite series:

Pokémon: make it like Breath of the Wild but with Pokémon
Splatoon: I hope that desert in Splatoon 3 is an open world like in Breath of the Wild
Metroid: basically make it a Metroid game in the Breath of the Wild engine
Donkey Kong: it's time we got a 3D DK. Take some cues from Breath of the Wild and you're good to go
Pikmin: we need Pikmin 4 to be the Breath of the Wild of Pikmin
F-Zero: it's been too long. The franchise needs a proper refresh, like Breath of the Wild
Star Fox: we need it to be an open world. Like Starlink, that was the perfect blueprint for a Star Fox game
Chibi-Robo: I don't get why Chibi-Robo can't get an ambitious game like Breath of the Wild

Zelda: Breath of the Wild sucked. Weapon durability is the worst. We want real dungeons and good story back.

Zelda never had good story.

Liar!!

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
mZuzek said:

Zelda: Breath of the Wild sucked. Weapon durability is the worst. We want real dungeons and good story back.

I disagree, but I don't associate with the opinions on that post either.

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Ooooh my bad, I am completely incapable of detecting sarcasm, sorry.

To give my post context, I didn't mean that Zelda games have bad stories, just that the story is generally just okay and it's more the gameplay that makes them great, like all Nintendo games. Just my humble opinion.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
mZuzek said:

Ooooh my bad, I am completely incapable of detecting sarcasm, sorry.

To give my post context, I didn't mean that Zelda games have bad stories, just that the story is generally just okay and it's more the gameplay that makes them great, like all Nintendo games. Just my humble opinion.

It wasn't exactly sarcasm as much as it was an amalgamation of several things I've heard Nintendo fans say. ...well, yeah, I guess sarcasm in a way. It was a joke. I just think it's funny whenever I read something like "they should just do this like Breath of the Wild". Like it's that simple, just do it right?

Anyways, Zelda games have simple stories, but I think most of them are good, or at least good enough. They give me characters to care about and good moments, at least. However I'd say only one Zelda game has a truly great story, that being Skyward Sword. The others don't really come close.

curl-6 said:
mZuzek said:

Nintendo fans' ideas on how to make new games in their favorite series:

Pokémon: make it like Breath of the Wild but with Pokémon
Splatoon: I hope that desert in Splatoon 3 is an open world like in Breath of the Wild
Metroid: basically make it a Metroid game in the Breath of the Wild engine
Donkey Kong: it's time we got a 3D DK. Take some cues from Breath of the Wild and you're good to go
Pikmin: we need Pikmin 4 to be the Breath of the Wild of Pikmin
F-Zero: it's been too long. The franchise needs a proper refresh, like Breath of the Wild
Star Fox: we need it to be an open world. Like Starlink, that was the perfect blueprint for a Star Fox game
Chibi-Robo: I don't get why Chibi-Robo can't get an ambitious game like Breath of the Wild

Majora's Mask has a great story if you're including sidequests (and given the structure of the game, not really sure why you wouldn't). 

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
curl-6 said:

Majora's Mask has a great story if you're including sidequests (and given the structure of the game, not really sure why you wouldn't). 

Not to mention Breath of The Wild's story touching on lore just about everywhere you look, from the Shrine of Resurrection all the way into Hyrule Castle's central chamber.

And sure, weapon durability can get annoying, but when you get far enough into the game and good enough at it, it doesn't matter so much. Especially when you've got limitless bombs.

I think revisiting the Federation Force concept could work out for Nintendo. If you look at Federation Force it was panned because the initial trailer was awful, terrible art style on the wrong system, and the drought within the series. From what I understand, Federation Force was a good game, but greatly lacking in real ambition.

If Nintendo would take another game, obviously they need to completely redo the art-style. Nothing can be Chibi at all. Graphics need to be top notch, voice acting, cut scenes, a good story. Likely could be made using Metriod Prime 4 art assets and engine (just a thought). I think a good look at what has made multiplayer Co-op games work would also be needed as there is a lot of competition in this field. They also need right developers, Maybe they could get Mercury Steam to develop this entry.

Overall I like the idea of the Federation Force, but Nintendo made the mistake of putting on 3DS, where the platform choice made no sense. I think if Nintendo did a proper Wii U game, people would have accepted it. There would be the minority asking where is the mainline series, but they put out this terrible looking trailer on the 3DS.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

cycycychris said:

I think revisiting the Federation Force concept could work out for Nintendo. If you look at Federation Force it was panned because the initial trailer was awful, terrible art style on the wrong system, and the drought within the series. From what I understand, Federation Force was a good game, but greatly lacking in real ambition.

If Nintendo would take another game, obviously they need to completely redo the art-style. Nothing can be Chibi at all. Graphics need to be top notch, voice acting, cut scenes, a good story. Likely could be made using Metriod Prime 4 art assets and engine (just a thought). I think a good look at what has made multiplayer Co-op games work would also be needed as there is a lot of competition in this field. They also need right developers, Maybe they could get Mercury Steam to develop this entry.

Overall I like the idea of the Federation Force, but Nintendo made the mistake of putting on 3DS, where the platform choice made no sense. I think if Nintendo did a proper Wii U game, people would have accepted it. There would be the minority asking where is the mainline series, but they put out this terrible looking trailer on the 3DS.

Really people wouldn't have been as upset about Federation Force if it didn't have any connections to Metroid at all. Would've been fine as it's own game.