By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Party Superstars Announced for Switch, Launching October 29th

I wouldn't have been surprised if they had announced something Mario Party related, like DLC for Super Mario Party, or a new game. But the idea of mashing up stuff from older games into a new game was unexpected for me, and certainly made me excited.

Systems I own: Switch, Wii U, Wii, N64, Retron 5 for my Ness, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy line games, Dreamcast, PS2, New 3DS.

Around the Network
cycycychris said:
K98632 said:

I wouldn't have been surprised if they had announced something Mario Party related, like DLC for Super Mario Party, or a new game. But the idea of mashing up stuff from older games into a new game was unexpected for me, and certainly made me excited.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being this game

But now with boards included. Which, picking the best 100 mini games isn't bad.

I'd be happy if it was that.  I'm glad Nintendo's releasing a 'new' Mario Party.  The latest one on the Switch was starting to get stale.  Will definitely pick up this new Mario Party

I just need more Mario Party. DLC would have been optimal but whatever, inject this game into my veins!

I don't know why Nintendo is so afraid of having more than 4-5 boards in a Mario Party game. In the GameCube and Wii days I think we got 6+ boards every time.

Last edited by Wman1996 - on 15 June 2021

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

cycycychris said:
K98632 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being this game

But now with boards included. Which, picking the best 100 mini games isn't bad.

I wish they had included something like the best 10 boards in this new game.  Maybe Nintendo thinks the minigames are more important than the boards?  I don't know.  I personally like having lots of different boards.  I don't ever play the minigames without a board.

Around the Network

Watching them play this on the Treehouse stream brought back horrible memories of playing the GameCube games with my brothers.
It's definitely Mario Party like I remember.

If you REALLY want to be miserable with your friends playing this game, turn it into a drinking game.

Video is set to private.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Looks great! I just wish they included more boards from the Cube/Wii era, especially Toad's Midway Madness from MP 4 & Koopa's Tycoon Town and Shy Guy's Perplex Express from MP8. Maybe they'll add more boards as DLC.

Ah yes Mario Party the only game i play alone, really im the biggest sore loser if i don't win.