By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 Hub Thread - TIme to wrap up! Nintendo poll up

What was your favorite part of Nintendo's E3 Direct?

Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp 3 8.82%

Cruis'n Blast 0 0%

Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water 0 0%

Hyrule Warriors: AoC Puls... 0 0%

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 13 38.24%

Mario Party Superstars 0 0%

Metroid Dread 11 32.35%

Shin Megami Tensei 5 5 14.71%

Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania 0 0%

Warioware: Get It Together! 2 5.88%

Total:34
axumblade said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

"Console Launch Exclusive" A.K.A. we paid these developers to delay their games on Switch/PS5. Whatever happened to "We don't like to do timed exclusives"?

That's not just a Microsoft thing though. Look at Fall Guys and Hades. It's just part of the norm these days. 

Is there any evidence that Fall Guys and Hades were moneyhatted by either Sony or Nintendo respectively? I know that Epic moneyhatted Hades off of Steam, but that's about all I know about that. 

Around the Network

I am excited about Forza Horizon 5 and all the games coming to Gamepass day 1.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Redfall looks good will wait for reviews. It's a shame that this 3rd party multiplat has effectively been turned into console wars ammo. PS5 players should have the chance to play it. Will likely get it for my PC.

Microsoft had by far the best presentation so far. 10/10. Ubisoft's was to me like 5/10 and that only because of Mario + Rabbids.
It will take alot for Nintendo to surpass this Microsoft presentation.

I know, I know, sony pony chimin' in and you all know how this is gonna go, but like jesus this may have been Microsoft's worst E3.

"Console Launch Exclusive" is not a selling point. Nobody's buying a console so you can get a handful of indies a few weeks early.

The exclusives they did show didn't have much gameplay or at all. Starfield's 'trailer' was just 'oh, remember this game? Well here's a cinematic trailer that...reaffirms that it's sci-fi in space. Oh, and it's exclusive'. snore. Halo Infinite looked better but its online going Free 2 Play is exactly how you ensure I never, ever touch it for any reason. Redfall looks like it has a tonne of potential but there was no gameplay so it's hard to tell (looks like it's just Left 4 Dead with vampires and a dose of Dishonoured-style augmentations, which is an idea I can absolutely get behind but it's not shaking the industry). Forza Horizon 5 looks phenomenal...but I'm just not into realistic racers so it did nothing at all for me. It looks good, but nothing special. Contraband...exists. that's about all we can say about it. No gameplay shown.

No Everwild, no Perfect Dark, no Avowed, no updates on old games that looked good from last summer's display. Insanely disappointing show. I tried putting myself in a place of 'If this game comes out on PS5, do I want it?" And even then there were like maybe 4 or 5 games in that entire showcase I'd want and a handful more I'd consider. I wanted to do all I could to put myself in a mindset of getting excited, but very little actually looked fun or original or new or exciting. Again, a handful of stalwarts we already knew about like Starfield and Halo and Forza all looked...fine, but there's still not enough information to go off.

4/10. Only that high because I thought Forza looked genuinely great and I thought the Outer Worlds 2 trailer was hilarious. Other than that, still absolutely nothing to get me chomping at the bit.

Of all the games shown, here's a list of all the ones I actually thought looked good or I'd be interested in regardless of platform:

Back 4 Blood (Already preordered on PS5)
Psychonauts 2
Hades (Already have it on Switch)
Far Cry 6
Atomic Heart
Grounded
Among Us (Already have it on switch/PC)
Eiyuden Chronicles
The Outer Worlds 2
Redfall

And of those, Atomic HEart, The Outer worlds 2, and Redfall lacked any gameplay, while I'm only tangentially interested in Far Cry 6 (that's a huge maybe), and I need more information on Eiyuden Chronicles. I think it's officially time for me to give up. Xbox just absolutely isn't for me. They focus on a very specific audience that I am just not a part of. I don't care about shooters and I don't care about racers and as stated before I just don't care about GamePass. It's a fine service, for other people. Halo is a fine game, for people who love FPS titles. Forza is a fine game, for people who love racing games.

the biggest 'maybe' on that list is Starfield. I absolutely loved Skyrim and Fallout 4, but Bethesda has had some real issues with getting their games out or doing anything new lately that interests me, and I'm not really much of a sci-fi kinda gal. I'm sure it'll be fine, but I generally avoid spacefaring games. That's on me, not them, but the only thing that coulda redeemed this presentation was Elder Scrolls VI, and even that was absent in all ways but an off-handed comment about how it's still coming in the final monologue.

Here's hoping Square-Enix does better. I genuinely expected SOMETHING good out of this, but there's still nothing on the platform for me.

This is really the last I'll speak of it. I'm done. I give up.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Bandorr said:

So Flight simulator and Forza are both coming out this year for the X series - while ditching the Xbox 1.

So "That’s why Xbox Game Studios titles we release in the next couple of years—like Halo Infinite—will be available and play great on Xbox Series X and Xbox One. We won’t force you to upgrade to Xbox Series X at launch to play Xbox exclusives.”

Was just PR?

Apperantely Forza is coming to Xbox One as well.

PR should never be taken seriously anyways. Companies change their strategies all the time. It shouldn't be a big deal.

I really enjoyed the show I thought it was great

@Runa216 didn't you give up years ago? i dont get you

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

axumblade said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Is there any evidence that Fall Guys and Hades were moneyhatted by either Sony or Nintendo respectively? I know that Epic moneyhatted Hades off of Steam, but that's about all I know about that. 

You came in here offering no evidence about their practices and jumped to that conclusion and now you're asking for me to give you sources. Dude...This thread isn't about moneyhatting and if you don't stay on topic, you can see your way out. 

Developers stand to make far more money selling their games on Switch/PS4/PS5, since there is a bigger install base on those platforms. Those games not launching on those systems is a massive red flag that they were moneyhatted. 

@bolded 

I'll take your Argumentum Ad Baculum as an admission of being wrong. The topic is to discuss what was shown at several E3 events. Discussing where those games launch and why is sticking to the topic. 

I'll be moving on now to the Squeenix show. But if you want to be a petulant bully go ahead. Or are you better than that? 

Edit: Thanks for unbanning me from the thread. :) 

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 13 June 2021

No clue, what Squeenix has in store for us. Still hyped.