By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 Hub Thread - TIme to wrap up! Nintendo poll up

What was your favorite part of Nintendo's E3 Direct?

Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp 3 8.82%

Cruis'n Blast 0 0%

Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water 0 0%

Hyrule Warriors: AoC Puls... 0 0%

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 13 38.24%

Mario Party Superstars 0 0%

Metroid Dread 11 32.35%

Shin Megami Tensei 5 5 14.71%

Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania 0 0%

Warioware: Get It Together! 2 5.88%

Total:34

I'm just waiting for Age of Empires IV. After Dawn of War 3, I'm really scared of Relic trying to reinvent the wheel and crashing the cart in the process.

Also, other than Micrososft, it's Square's and the PC show, right?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

This looks amazing! Lovecraftian CRPG? Yes please!

Darwinianevolution said:

I'm just waiting for Age of Empires IV. After Dawn of War 3, I'm really scared of Relic trying to reinvent the wheel and crashing the cart in the process.

Also, other than Micrososft, it's Square's and the PC show, right?

I can't even begin to predict what Squeenix will offer. They know what I want better than I do. Hopefully that DragonQuest III remake is real. 

Cerebralbore101 said:

In the Nintendo E3 thread I did a "What I want, and What I expect post for Nintendo." https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9299006 Microsoft's event is next, so I might as well post what I want, and what I expect from them...

What I want from Microsoft... 

Hey guys, we have Starfield to show you! It's got a completely brand new engine built from the ground up! We finally ditched creation engine! Check out this kickass lore and these amazing alien designs! We don't have warp speed in this game. Instead you fast travel via stargates, or something else original. 

Here's the Perfect Dark game, with gameplay footage! We are staying true to the series roots. Will be out 2022. 

Banjo Kazooie is back! Banjo 3 releases this fall!

Here's a new Fallout game made by Obsidian! 

Here's Halo Infinite, and it doesn't have microtransactions or GaaS game design. It's vastly improved over last year's trailer. 

What I expect from Microsoft...

Here's Starfield. It's a fairly paint by numbers Bethesda game, complete with dungeons that have been rubber stamped into the game. Ya know how every other dungeon in Fallout 4 or Oblivion was just lazily thrown together? Yeah, this is that, but in space! Oh yeah, we're still using Creation engine for this one. Also here's some dumb cosmetic MTX thrown into the game. Have fun grinding for that. 

Look at all these 3rd party games that "Play best on Series X". As you can see here from this Digital Foundry video, once you zoom in on the mud on the ground you can see that Series X textures are just ever so slightly better than PS5 textures! 

Hey guys remember [Insert random game series that has been 3rd party multiplat for the last 15 years]? We bought them out! Now this game series can only be played on PC and Xbox! And if you're really a simp you can play on your Smartphone via Xcloud! Anyway, here at Xbox we're all about everyone being able to play the games they love on the devices they love!*

*So long as it's by subscribing to our services! 

Here's Halo Infinite! We designed it to compete with Fortnite! Every week there will be a battle pass, and some dumb $10 skins, and a new pointless cameo! 

Here's your yearly Forza game! Are you tired of this franchise yet? 

Also we'd like to take the time to engage in some Texas Sharpshooting! *Proceeds to commit the Texas Sharpshooter fallacy repeatedly while quoting sales and revenue data.*

Best post in the entire thread in my opinion. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 coming next year to Xbox, April 22nd to be exact

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 13 June 2021

-_- Starfield isn't even out until November 2022, and they barely showed a teaser trailer. I did like the artstyle they were going with, and the graphics looked much improved over Fallout 4.

Around the Network

Halo Infinite looks good, but not enough info on it yet. Multiplayer mode being free, and it having seasons is not a good sign. They could still pull through tough. That multiplayer voice saying things like "doublekill" brought pangs of nostalgia to me.

Hopefully they spend more of their show on Halo Infinite. A few minutes is not enough.

They are wasting way too much time on "Look this game is coming to Gamepass" and "Optimized for Series X/S."

"Console Launch Exclusive" A.K.A. we paid these developers to delay their games on Switch/PS5. Whatever happened to "We don't like to do timed exclusives"?

Grounded continues to impress. I hope it leaves EO soon. Outer Worlds 2 looks great as usual. Too bad it went from being a 3rd party multiplat series to being PC/Xbox only. Will definitely get both games for my PC whenever they officially launch.

Zzzzzzz. Yet another yearly Forza game. What is there left to this conference? 18 minutes left? They really should have shown more of Halo Infinite.

If Diablo II comes to PS4 I will be all over it

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!