By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ray Tracing and Why You Love to See It!

It's time to talk ray tracing! It's not marketing, it's not even technology: it's just a simple physics concept. And it's not going anywhere!

Platforms shown: #NVIDIA #RTXOn #RTX3080 #XboxSeriesX #PS5

Hahaha, I just can't get over how the Twitter icons pull over in extra big, high res over here, he he he >:)

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
Around the Network

Industry buzzword to hype the new consoles.

zippy said:

Every word in this sentence is wrong except "to" and "the". 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Good video. Could be just me but I think the background music is a tad too loud. Otherwise very informative.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

lets start with games that have customisable outfits but dont show that outfit in mirrors or windows

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
zippy said:

Pure foolishness.

Captain_Yuri said:

Good video. Could be just me but I think the background music is a tad too loud. Otherwise very informative.

Ah MAANNNN, I purposely turned it UP so people could hear it, otherwise it's normally just some "twanging" in the background!  Sorry, as the saying goes, "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"... If you felt that way, surely others felt that way, too. ._.

kirby007 said:

lets start with games that have customisable outfits but dont show that outfit in mirrors or windows

Cyberpunk 2077 has no such issue in its reflections, hehe

Side note: there was actually a LOT more CP77 footage I had, but then I figured it would be weird to just be showing one game over and over again... And then ironically I ended up not using the extra shiny CP77 footage, lol *director's and editor's pain combined*

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/

Couldn't care less for it, looks nice on very few games, but rather keep 100+ fps. Raster will always be king.

Could not care less about RT, just give me a game that is fun to play with good game play mechanics.

RT has seen some solid implementations so far on console. Spiderman and WatchDogs come to mind.

I can't wait to see what future games have to offer and how it's used.