By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Rare Replay Steam?

Wonder when Rare and Microsoft would put Rare Replay on Steam and Microsoft Store. I'm sure many would want to play Rare Replay on PC.

Around the Network

Excluding Kinect stuff like Fru that and Halo 5 are the only worthwhile Xbox One games that aren't on PC yet so it would be nice if those stopped being stuck on just Xbox.

Ryuu96 said:

It's unlikely I think, 9/30 titles are running via X360's backwards compatibility and I believe the vast majority of Rare Replay is also emulation (4 different emulators) so I doubt they'd go through the effort of porting them all, likely will only come via emulation too (would be cool if Microsoft made an official 360 emulator for Windows Store, Lol) but I figure by now they'd probably say it is not worth the effort.

I suspect that they will consider xCloud to be good enough, there's a lot of 360 exclusives not on PC and instead of going through all the porting or bringing their own emulators to PC they'll probably just throw em on xCloud PC and call it a day.

Basically this. As far as I remember, the worst thing is that the most interesting games in that collection are 360 emulated. Those that were ported are mainly old arcade games from the 80s-early 90s. So, due to technical limitations, it will either be reduced and will skip some games or will not be ported at all.

If they do put the games on Microsoft Store and Steam it'll sell like crazy and it'll boost lifetime sales of Compilation.

Ryuu96 said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

Basically this. As far as I remember, the worst thing is that the most interesting games in that collection are 360 emulated. Those that were ported are mainly old arcade games from the 80s-early 90s. So, due to technical limitations, it will either be reduced and will skip some games or will not be ported at all.

The only natively ported title is actually Grabbed by the Ghoulies

Everything else is emulated, which I didn't really know until looking it up now.

Man I remembered hating that title back in the day but actually had some fun with it on RR.

You are right, but there is no issues emulating these old 80s-90s games on PC. Xbox 360 titles is a different story though

Around the Network

Rare Replay on steam? Microsoft? It's going to be rare, lol.

Check these hilarious commentsFunny Comments and replies

They would need to completely rework how this collection functions so I don't see it happening, but if it does please outsource it and not waste Rare's time lol

Yes, that wouldn't be a bad idea

It would be cool, but there are a lot of emulation issues as others have said. It's possible, but I don't know if Microsoft wants to put in the effort.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima