By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How do we still not have this feature yet?

Should players be heard before journos?

We should be the priority 3 27.27%

Some journous are honest,... 4 36.36%

Journos speak for me 1 9.09%

This will cause eco chambers 3 27.27%

Total:11
eva01beserk said:
Chris Hu said:

The X Box insider program lets you give feedback to Microsoft.

Cant say that I know. Could you elaborate a little bit? 

It has weekly surveys where you can give feedback, plus it gives you early access to certain game betas and early access to console updates, plus you can easily report any problems you have with your console through the insider app.  But even if aren't a member its pretty easy for just about everyone to report problems on X box consoles.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
eva01beserk said:

Cant say that I know. Could you elaborate a little bit? 

It has weekly surveys where you can give feedback, plus it gives you early access to certain game betas and early access to console updates, plus you can easily report any problems you have with your console through the insider app.  But even if aren't a member its pretty easy for just about everyone to report problems on X box consoles.

That sounds like a good start. Thats pretty much what I want for it to be locked to the box. Users first, journos second. 

Can you make user reviews from it to games?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
Chris Hu said:

That sounds like a good start. Thats pretty much what I want for it to be locked to the box. Users first, journos second. 

Can you make user reviews from it to games?

No but if you own a game you can rate and review in the X Box store.

eva01beserk said:
SvennoJ said:

That 30K doesn't included refunds through Steam, Sony, MS, stores. That figure is only from those directly contacting CDPR to get help getting a refund when denied through other point of sale venues.

But yep, most people are simply too lazy to get a refund, wait until it gets better or simply forget about it and happily pre-order the next hot thing.

Anyway deception pays, big time, at least in the short run.

As for the OP. Steam user reviews are pretty pointless, just another popularity voting war. The forums are often toxic, fanboys vs haters. Steam frequently removes reviews from scoring to combat review bombing (or just unfavorable reviews) while the outcome is meaningless anyway. Thumbs up or thumbs down translated into a percentage, tell you absolutely nothing.

I know. You will never fully get rid of the toxicity. But I'm gona trust more a steam user review than a metacritic review. Cuz at the very least the steam user bought the game. Again it wont be perfect but its gota be better than whats available now. 

Same as with steam reviews, you need to read multiple reviews, ignore all the gushing on one side and the PC bashing on the other, and compare what's left to find commonalities. It's pointless to read 10/10 reviews, either from users or 'critics', they contain no information, just infomercials. The negative reviews are usually the most informative as they will actually say what drove them to a negative score and you can see if that applies to your expectations.

The problem with Steam reviews is finding the informative ones. The voting system pushing popular reviews up and only thumbs up or thumbs down is not helpful. There's always reddit and game forums, just stay away from you tube 'reviews'.

As for feedback, FS2020 has Zendesk where you can directly submit requests and bugs to the developers. GT Sport has GT Planet whose moderators are in contact with PD (at events). Elite Dangerous has its own forum where some people are also in contact with the developers. There are plenty ways to give feedback nowadays, no need to have it funneled through a platform. Having people sign up to the game forum provides a nice extra step to discourage toxicity. They all have their own rules and moderators to keep discussion civil and to the point.