By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How do we still not have this feature yet?

Should players be heard before journos?

We should be the priority 3 27.27%

Some journous are honest,... 4 36.36%

Journos speak for me 1 9.09%

This will cause eco chambers 3 27.27%

Total:11

What's the problem you have with journalists. Nobody is forcing you to read their reviews

About the idea of only people beating the game making reviews, I guess It's nice, but maybe it's also nice reading reviews from people who dropped the game after some few hours of playing 

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:

What's the problem you have with journalists. Nobody is forcing you to read their reviews

About the idea of only people beating the game making reviews, I guess It's nice, but maybe it's also nice reading reviews from people who dropped the game after some few hours of playing 

Like I said in a previous post. I just dont think their opinion is shared by the majority. I out an example before about the Bloomberg article.

I dint say only people who beat the game make the review, but letting us filter the reviews by many metrics, one of them was beat the game, one could be just played the game one could be plays game of the same type or genre. But anyone should have a voice. Im saying this to be console locked so they can track you progress by your achievements or trophy's. This is something I believe steam already does. I dont think you can filter, but owners of the game are the only ones who review i think. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Like I said in a previous post. I just dont think their opinion is shared by the majority. I out an example before about the Bloomberg article.

I dint say only people who beat the game make the review, but letting us filter the reviews by many metrics, one of them was beat the game, one could be just played the game one could be plays game of the same type or genre. But anyone should have a voice. Im saying this to be console locked so they can track you progress by your achievements or trophy's. This is something I believe steam already does. I dont think you can filter, but owners of the game are the only ones who review i think. 

People do this is social media already 

Like, I'm not against that idea, I think another gaming community app would be ok. But I doubt this would give anyone better feedback than what we have already. I'm sure most of people who play games won't bother really writing reviews. The ones making reviews are the fanboys, the haters and people who likes to share ideas. While the third group is nice, I'm sure you can find tons of Youtubers making reviews right and left, people who aren't really paid to play games. You can also find people on forums and reddit

So what exaclty about your app would make such an impact in gaming community?

IcaroRibeiro said:
eva01beserk said:

Like, I'm not against that idea, I think another gaming community app would be ok. But I doubt this would give anyone better feedback than what we have already. I'm sure most of people who play games won't bother really writing reviews. The ones making reviews are the fanboys, the haters and people who likes to share ideas. While the third group is nice, I'm sure you can find tons of Youtubers making reviews right and left, people who aren't really paid to play games. You can also find people on forums and reddit

Again like I said, tie this to the consoles like we have on steam. It will act more like a filter cuz devs will have direct access to the community. Like this forum or redit, how can you prove that you played a game or even own a gaming device or make dupe accounts and span reviews and other shit? We cant really know. At the very least you have a psn or xboxid that canot be duped and attaches a game to your account. It wont be perfect but its at least better than what we have right now.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Again like I said, tie this to the consoles like we have on steam. It will act more like a filter cuz devs will have direct access to the community. Like this forum or redit, how can you prove that you played a game or even own a gaming device or make dupe accounts and span reviews and other shit? We cant really know. At the very least you have a psn or xboxid that canot be duped and attaches a game to your account. It wont be perfect but its at least better than what we have right now.

That's true but like I said I feel like the minority of community is really willing to go on apps writing reviews. Most people will just ignore and people who already uses their own social media won't stop using it because Nintendo released a new app 

I'm sure for those companies know what people exaclty feel about a game is less important than just know they are enjoying at least a bit to feel their purchase was enough worthwhile. The biggest companies can probably track how much time you spend in a game since at least 7th gen and know how to afjuste the gameplay to some consumers habits. We see this already, how many classic franchises are changing their gameplay for commercial purposes? I dont think they are doing it without research

I'm really skeptical a app, even if tied to the hardware maker, will give them enough good feedback to justify the app development and maintenance 

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:
eva01beserk said:

That's true but like I said I feel like the minority of community is really willing to go on apps writing reviews. Most people will just ignore and people who already uses their own social media won't stop using it because Nintendo released a new app 

I'm sure for those companies know what people exaclty feel about a game is less important than just know they are enjoying at least a bit to feel their purchase was enough worthwhile. The biggest companies can probably track how much time you spend in a game since at least 7th gen and know how to afjuste the gameplay to some consumers habits. We see this already, how many classic franchises are changing their gameplay for commercial purposes? I dont think they are doing it without research

I'm really skeptical a app, even if tied to the hardware maker, will give them enough good feedback to justify the app development and maintenance 

Wait a minute, do you think I meant regular gamers are gona right articles about games? No way man. I mean user reviews like you see in metacritic wich can be done in a single sentence and some dont even write anything just score the game. PLus this is not only about games, but feedback on the console itself. Like sony asking if gamers want gamepass or what ever. Simple questions. Some gamers can make threads like this. simple stuff. 

Im pretty sure sony, ms and steam freely give them that information. They work together on these kind of things.

Maybe. I cant really say that I know. Maybe ask the mods here if it cost a lot to run this kind of sites. Maybe its a small price to pay to get a little good will if nothing else. 

Why would I care? I just want to play a game in the most non-intrusive way possible. I’m already annoyed by the fact that I have to navigate menus to do that.

They are perfectly able to surf the web and social media to look for all the feedback they can possibly want.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Ka-pi96 said:

That feature already exists, it's called the internet.

You can go on game/dev/console specific forums and leave feedback, or reddit or even something like twitter. Devs do see a lot of that feedback and it's also totally optional. Consoles have an internet browser too so it's already possible to do completely on your console, although the "feature" is also available on your PC, phone, TV and probably even your car too.

I did say it exist. Forums like these ones do a prety good job. But like I said multiple times, its more about the filter capabilities that tie in that feedback to a review of a gamer who actually owns the game or similar games. Like I said before you could go to twitter, reddit or even here and claim to be an expert on what ever you want. tie in that to a purchase at least least us know if you interacted with said game. 

Again, more like steam. Its the only other service that comes close.

S.Peelman said:

Why would I care? I just want to play a game in the most non-intrusive way possible. I’m already annoyed by the fact that I have to navigate menus to do that.

You dont have to care. Like I said it would be optional. You would acces the app if you want or forget it even existed. I know there are plenty of people who dont care to score a game.