By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How do we still not have this feature yet?

Should players be heard before journos?

We should be the priority 3 27.27%

Some journous are honest,... 4 36.36%

Journos speak for me 1 9.09%

This will cause eco chambers 3 27.27%

Total:11

What feature you might  ask? Well its simple one. An app in our dedicated gaming consoles that let us provide feedback to the manufacture. Lets go in a little bit more detail.

The app should be completely optional.

Have it completely within the console of choice. But have it to go in manually where we can leave dedicated feedback. At most have information during lets say crashes in a game and a pop up might say cheek the feedback app to see if others are having similar issues. Or you like this game? share your opinion on the app. Some could spam it some could choose never to visit.

The app should have trophy/achievements/whatever Nintendo does integration

Why you might ask? Well lets be frank here and admit people value the opinion more when someone has at least played the game and even more when someone has completed it. If I see feedback from someone who has beating the game I can at least trust they know what they are talking about. 

User reviews

This might be the best one yet. But how about user reviews that come only from people who have played the dam game. Even better you can have 2 tiers if you choose, played the game and fully experience everything the game offers. Lets say a single player game needs you to beat the main story, or a multy player mage requires you to play a certain amount of matches or something(i really dont know about multy player, dont go near the stuff). I would take that review over any critic any time.

Console manufactures can directly talk to their fanbase and ask critical surveys for those interested in potential features or future direction

This is really my main interest in this app. Aren't we tired of the console war nonsense? How many pointless discussions have we had online with people who not only not played a game but dont even own the device? Honestly thats probably me :p  But still I honestly believe feedback that should be taken by the big bosses should be first directed at the actual consumers of the product. And what better way to tell than to be an user of said product. Second is the voice of the people your are trying to make new consumers. its sales 101 first please your current audience then add new members. 

Why so late?

This is already the third generation in wich these devices are fully online nearly all the time and we still dont have this? This is crazzy. How long has steam had user reviews and feedback directly from the game you are paying? I think we are very late on this and the big 3 could be saving a lot of time and money by having direct access to our feedback instead or making random surveys or listening to random only complains. 

Why do I suggest this?

I know I mentioned critics and console war fans. But to be honest my main complain is with the Games "journalist". I am so sick of these people who think their opinion and or gaming habits are the consensus of all gamers and so the makers go and cater to them cuz they can make a stink online. Thats just ridiculous. It might just be me but I honestly dont agree with the majority the take is on these "professionals". ANd if we look at the direction these games and consoles are selling or mtx and all other stuff they dont agree with their take as well. We as gamers should have our feedback taken into more consideration that a handful of self proclaimed pross. 

Let me know if you agree or disagree or if there anything you think should be included in this app. Also what you think the name should be. Im thinking Players voice.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

The only feedback developers are interested in.

numberwang said:

The only feedback developers are interested in.

Well your not wrong there. But that fits perfectly into what I say. Why the hell would a dev listen to your feedback if you have never bought the game, dont plan to or have a record of even liking the type of game they are making? 

You just made me think of another point. Feedback should also categorize you if you own the game, plan to own or not interested in the type of game. Im pretty sure devs dont care I hate call of duty since I have never bought one. Now they could know who to avoid. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

i agree with the last point, only 30k refunded cyberpunk out of millions
on top of that metacritic and opencritic are balls

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Leaving aside the fact that all this conversation is secondary to mankind's supreme overlord and true god: Money.

I dont think its a great idea. Have you talked to other gamers? They have the shittiest opinions. Some guys on this site for instance think FFX is the best in the franchise. Wild. Just look at Metacritic's user reviews. They are garbage. Kids go from 0 to 10 for the dumbest of reasons - mostly just for the sake of trolling. Even if you were to link it to achievements to prove they've played the game, I doubt much would change. However condescending this may sound, Its very hard not to dismiss these people as immature kids, the less voice they have on the industry the better. I cant imagine devs looking at this sort of app and taking the comments seriously. How do you filter the legit good feedback from the sea of garbage?

I'd question that devs "cater to journalists", but thats a conversation for a different thread. Seems to me that you are giving "professional" reviewers more importance than they really have. The thing about them is that at least they have to justify their shitty opinions, if they get a shitty rep, people stop caring about them, stop reading them, sites eventually stop considering them in their lists, and its a problem to them because its their job. Theres at least some degree of consequence. 

Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:

Leaving aside the fact that all this conversation is secondary to mankind's supreme overlord and true god: Money.

I dont think its a great idea. Have you talked to other gamers? They have the shittiest opinions. Some guys on this site for instance think FFX is the best in the franchise. Wild. Just look at Metacritic's user reviews. They are garbage. Kids go from 0 to 10 for the dumbest of reasons - mostly just for the sake of trolling. Even if you were to link it to achievements to prove they've played the game, I doubt much would change. However condescending this may sound, Its very hard not to dismiss these people as immature kids, the less voice they have on the industry the better. I cant imagine devs looking at this sort of app and taking the comments seriously. How do you filter the legit good feedback from the sea of garbage?

I'd question that devs "cater to journalists", but thats a conversation for a different thread. Seems to me that you are giving "professional" reviewers more importance than they really have. The thing about them is that at least they have to justify their shitty opinions, if they get a shitty rep, people stop caring about them, stop reading them, sites eventually stop considering them in their lists, and its a problem to them because its their job. Theres at least some degree of consequence. 

Hold on this might actually fits to want you are saying cuz this app would in fact act as some kind of filter. Cuz like you said there are some very immature kids out there(and adults that behave like kids) who go around shitting on things cuz someone told them, fanbase or just trolling. Just look back at the last of us 2, I think that game was garbage, but I dint play it, but I can go to any of these sites and give a crappy review, make alt accounts and make many reviews. This would at the very least filter some of that trolling. By the way I dint review the last of us 2. While a gamer, even a kid can have a very stupid opinion, the gamer at the very least put their money where their mouth is and lets devs know on this kind of app. From there devs can filter even more for the useful posts. 

Its not exactly that I think they have power, its just that in this day and age some idiot online with a decent following could make what ever stupid opinion and have his followers intentionally or not spread that nonsense. Lets just put the example of right now almost all online presence following that Bloomberg article. Since when did making AAA titles become a bad thing? Did we just not go throw a whole gen of gamers trashing MS for not having enough and praising sony for having a lot? I would bet you my car that if you ask directly to gamers do you want 4 AAA games a year or 2 AAA and 10 A-AA, they would say 4 AAA in vast majority. My point is that a vocal minority spreads their influence and get heard over the majority of us. They should ask us directly. 

kirby007 said:

i agree with the last point, only 30k refunded cyberpunk out of millions
on top of that metacritic and opencritic are balls

Vocal minority are the ones being heard. 

eva01beserk said:
Jpcc86 said:

Hold on this might actually fits to want you are saying cuz this app would in fact act as some kind of filter. Cuz like you said there are some very immature kids out there(and adults that behave like kids) who go around shitting on things cuz someone told them, fanbase or just trolling. Just look back at the last of us 2, I think that game was garbage, but I dint play it, but I can go to any of these sites and give a crappy review, make alt accounts and make many reviews. This would at the very least filter some of that trolling. By the way I dint review the last of us 2. While a gamer, even a kid can have a very stupid opinion, the gamer at the very least put their money where their mouth is and lets devs know on this kind of app. From there devs can filter even more for the useful posts. 

Alright, but why do you think TLOU2 is "garbage", given that you are admitting you didnt play it. How do you come to that very strong conclusion, and completely shut the door to a game you havent experienced. Because of things you heard about it? You may not have bothered to write about - or review bomb that game, but a lot of people did. A lot of people who also thought it was shit because of things they heard, but never bothered to play it. 
And these kind of people dont factor gameplay, soundtrack, graphics, world building, or any of the many other aspects that make the game, they just didnt like "that one thing" about the story and then the whole game was garbage. This is the edge that journalists have over common gamers. They HAVE to factor everything. Its their job. 

I personally have played it, and I think the game is superb. I think the negative campaign around this game hurt its sales - even if it did do well with critics and awards - and I think its a shame. I think a platform like this could give a bigger voice to that kind of people, because even if as we said "they are just kids", its precisely kids that  have the time to bother with trolling with this kind of stuff. 

Its possible im just being very pessimistic, but I dont think the vocal majority would use this app as you are assuming they will. 
And maybe less so the dev, who I assume have speciallized people or areas dedicated to public reception or similar activities. 

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 22 April 2021

twintail said:

They already have ppl who check social media and forums.
They don't need.an unnecessary feedback button that could be very easily abused by some users and therefore become an annoyance for whoever is responsible to sift through the reports.

Seems like an unnecessary feature of to me. They already know what the feedback is.

Button? I was thinking more like a forum.

Everything can be abused. Even medicine wich is life saving some abuse it. We still make it right?

They can still use those methods of feedback. As u can see from the poll, Im aware it could lead to echo chambers as the people who tend to buy a product tend to be positive towards it. But again like said, I believe its the current userbase that should have their voice heard above all else, after that its the ones you are trying to pull in. This is a direct way to each fan or potential fan who takes the time to interact. 

But answer me honestly, do you think its more annoying than sifting throw twitter that is troll and bot heaven? This is the closet direct contact devs have and its utter trash. 

Jpcc86 said:
eva01beserk said:

Alright, but why do you think TLOU2 is "garbage", given that you are admitting you didnt play it. How do you come to that very strong conclusion, and completely shut the door to a game you havent experienced. Because of things you heard about it? You may not have bothered to write about - or review bomb that game, but a lot of people did. A lot of people who also thought it was shit because of things they heard, but never bothered to play it. 
And these kind of people dont factor gameplay, soundtrack, graphics, world building, or any of the many other aspects that make the game, they just didnt like "that one thing" about the story and then the whole game was garbage. This is the edge that journalists have over common gamers. They HAVE to factor everything. Its their job. 

I personally have played it, and I think the game is superb. I think the negative campaign around this game hurt its sales - even if it did do well with critics and awards - and I think its a shame. I think a platform like this could give a bigger voice to that kind of people, because even if as we said "they are just kids", its precisely kids that  have the time to bother with trolling with this kind of stuff. 

Its possible im just being very pessimistic, but I dont think the vocal majority would use this app as you are assuming they will. 
And maybe less so the dev, who I assume have speciallized people or areas dedicated to public reception or similar activities. 

I personally was very hyped for it and tried my best to avoid leaks but was screwed I dont know where. Probably youtube or 9gag. Then after that I looked deeper into the leaks and personally found it insulting to the first game. The story at least. The gameplay looked superb.

But again, this kind of app would not remove the critics or anyone who would want to review, comment or interact in any way with a game, console mechanic, feature or anything. It would just categorize people probably by achievements, its the only way I can think off, the people who have played the game, use the feature or what ever. I think you should be able to take in all the post by anyone, but if you choose, filter by those that played it, beat it or even are just interested in it or what ever metric. I for one think I would listen more to the feedback of people who played a game, than to a critic that is payed to play a game. Or you can listen to both. 

This will not remove review bombs or any of the sort. Just lets us see who played the game.