By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Plus Video Pass incoming?

I'm down for this. Would love to see Sony include Funimation/Crunchyroll with this.

Last edited by V-r0cK - on 21 April 2021

Around the Network

With the amount of content that Sony has, from both their films and animation companies/acquisitions this could be an attractive concept - if priced competitively! I am due to renew my PS Plus membership in June so could be something to trial...

I still expect that Sony will look to combine their PS Plus/PS Now and this Video Pass into one ongoing cost in order to compete with Games Pass

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

V-r0cK said:

I'm down for this. Would love to see Sony include Funimation/Crunchyroll with this.

The Crunchyroll acquisition went through? I thought it was halted.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:
V-r0cK said:

The Crunchyroll acquisition went through? I thought it was halted.

Oh you're right, disregard that part then thanks

Around the Network

This would be cool. We'll see.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Here comes Don Matrix of Playstation... consoles are meant for gaming.. not watching movies.

TVTVTV done right!

Sony increasing the value proposition for PS+/PS Now with their entertainment pillars is the smart thing to do even if this is just a trial period. Eventually, if it isn't already, the majority of people will consume movies through a subscription. However, a Sony Pictures subscription service would pale in comparison to other streaming services like Netflix or Disney+, so it might as well be used to prop up the value proposition offered for Now/Plus. I can see this being part of a higher tier of PS+, that will include a revamped PS Now, and other benefits. I hope Sony doesn't justify a price hike for PS+ with PS Plus Video Pass though lol.

Frank_kc said:

Here comes Don Matrix of Playstation... consoles are meant for gaming.. not watching movies.

How is that the case if this is another feature added to PS+?

PotentHerbs said:
Frank_kc said:

How is that the case if this is another feature added to PS+?

Because it’s Sony, and they’re the devil!