By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I prefer...

3DS 77 77.78%

Vita 22 22.22%

Total:99
HoangNhatAnh said:
curl-6 said:

MH4 and Generations were built for 3DS and still had worse textures and effects than Tri on Wii.

Vita existed partway between the 6th gen/Wii and PS3/360; 3DS was much weaker and was more like a PS2 or Dreamcast with more modern shaders, though at a lower resolution than even those systems.

They even look worse than MH3 on 3ds. Graphic: MH3 3ds > MH4/MHG 3ds, but gameplay: MH4/MHG > MH3. Capcom sacrificed the graphic for better gameplay. And where are MH Stories or E.X.Troopers? Are they look bad too?

https://youtu.be/r46Jbq-ZNok

https://youtu.be/odBFeO5VOzM

I wouldn't say they look bad by the standards of the hardware, no, but they don't look as good as the best looking games on Wii or even Gamecube like Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Metroid Prime 3, RE4, Rogue Squadron 2 & 3, etc.

Around the Network

FF7R sucks. Nomura crap Changed all the best story details early because they felt they were too sad. The game is filled with padding and side quests from an MMO 15 years ago. The ONLY good thing with Final Fantasy VII in the name is the original game.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Many ps1 games for vita are disappearing though.

thetonestarr said:

Vita is a Switch Ultra-Lite without Nintendo games.

You should check ps store on vita to see how many games are still on there.

Really? 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-powerful-is-the-vita-really.58893/page-2

PC with GTX 1080 [8TFLOP 2016 Pascal architecture, capable of mixed precision*]
Xbox One X [6TFLOPs AMD custom 2017 architecture]
PS4 Pro [4.2TFLOPs AMD Vega 2016 Architecture, capable of mixed precision*]
PS4 [1.84TFLOPs, 2011 AMD architecture]
XBO [1.33TFLOPs, 2011 AMD architecture]
Switch Docked [393GFLOPs, 2015 Maxwell architecture, capable of mixed precision*]
Switch Handheld [196GFLOPs, 2015 Maxwell architecture, capable of mixed precision*]
Wii U [2009 ATI architecture, 176GFLOPs]
Playstation 3 / Xbox 360 [2005 architecture, ~250GFLOPs]
Playstation Vita [2011 architecture, ~35GFLOPs]
XBOX [2001 Nvidia architecture, 20GFLOPs]
Wii [2001 ArtX architecture, 12GFLOPs]
Gamecube [2001 ArtX architecture, 8GFLOPs]
3DS [2009 architecture, 6.4GFLOPs] (pica200 @200mhz is 4.8GFLOPs, 3DS runs the gpu at 268MHz, so 6.43GFLOPs)
PS2 [Sony 2000 architecture, 6GFLOPs]
PSP [3.2GFLOPs, 2005 architecture]
Dreamcast [1.4GFLOPs, 1998 architecture]
N64 [190MOPs (millions of operations per second, over 100MFLOPs available)]
Saturn [110MOPs] (likely around half for MFLOPs)
PSX [66MOPs] (likely around half for MFLOPs)

ARM11 CPU: 2x MPCore/2x VFPv2 Co-Processor at 268MHz. Doubling to 4x MPCore/4x VFPv2 Co-Processor for new 3DS with 804MHz max clock.
ARM9 CPU: ARM946 at 134MHz.
GPU: DMP PICA at 268MHz (6.4 GFLOPS, 20.5 Million polygons per second at 268MHz, calcutated from 15.3 Million figure and 4.8 GFLOPS at 200MHz)
VRAM: 6MB, 10MB for new 3DS.
DSP: CEVA TeakLite at 134Mhz. ...
System memory: 128MB, 256MB for New 3DS.

3DS CPU is a 2002 chip

Proof?

curl-6 said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

They even look worse than MH3 on 3ds. Graphic: MH3 3ds > MH4/MHG 3ds, but gameplay: MH4/MHG > MH3. Capcom sacrificed the graphic for better gameplay. And where are MH Stories or E.X.Troopers? Are they look bad too?

https://youtu.be/r46Jbq-ZNok

https://youtu.be/odBFeO5VOzM

I wouldn't say they look bad by the standards of the hardware, no, but they don't look as good as the best looking games on Wii or even Gamecube like Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Metroid Prime 3, RE4, Rogue Squadron 2 & 3, etc.

They are anime games on 3ds, let compare them to anime games on Wii.

Also, this is the best example about 3ds power, 60fps locked even in 3D:

https://youtu.be/ahvtybMcwQY

HoangNhatAnh said:
curl-6 said:

Games don't need to be the same art style to be compared.

And I actually played Ironfall; it's only 60fps in 2D mode, it's 30fps in 3D mode, and while again it's impressive for the hardware it's still rendering at a much lower resolution than Wii games with a comparatively low polygon count. 

Even the best looking Gamecube games like RE4 or Rogue Squadron push way more pixels and geometry.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 12 April 2021

curl-6 said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

And I actually played Ironfall; it's only 60fps in 2D mode, it's 30fps in 3D mode, and while again it's impressive for the hardware it's still rendering at a much lower resolution than Wii games with a comparatively low polygon count. 

Even the best looking Gamecube games like RE4 or Rogue Squadron push way more pixels and geometry.

Because 3ds screen is only 240p, they can't go higher even if they want. Ironfall and Revelation didn't look worse than any GC/Wii game, graphic wise.

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
curl-6 said:

Because 3ds screen is only 240p, they can't go higher even if they want. Ironfall and Revelation didn't look worse than any GC/Wii game, graphic wise.

Ironfall and Revelations are not pushing as many pixels, polygons, or detail as the most graphically intensive Gamecube and Wii games, it is as simple as that.

curl-6 said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Ironfall and Revelations are not pushing as many pixels, polygons, or detail as the most graphically intensive Gamecube and Wii games, it is as simple as that.

Considering the hardware, putting the graphic comparison video side by side, they don't look worse, at least equal.

Now let say if 3ds/New 3ds is just a bit more stronger (2-3 times), putting a graphic comparison video side by side, they can even blow GC/Wii out of water.

HoangNhatAnh said:
curl-6 said:

Considering the hardware, putting the graphic comparison video side by side, they don't look worse, at least equal.

Now let say if 3ds/New 3ds is just a bit more stronger (2-3 times), putting a graphic comparison video side by side, they can even blow GC/Wii out of water.

It's not 2-3 times more powerful than it is though. It's weaker than the Wii.

Side by side video, New 3DS very obviously looks worse, and base 3DS couldn't even run it.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 13 April 2021

curl-6 said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

It's not 2-3 times more powerful than it is though. It's weaker than the Wii.

Side by side video, New 3DS very obviously looks worse, and base 3DS couldn't even run it.

1.I said if 3ds/new 3ds is more stronger 2-3 times than they are now, their's graphic can blow the Wii out of water.

2.Again, don't use some cheaply, quickly ports to show that 3ds is better or worse.

Look:

3DS [2009 architecture, 6.4GFLOPs] (pica200 @200mhz is 4.8GFLOPs, 3DS runs the gpu at 268MHz, so 6.43GFLOPs)
PS2 [Sony 2000 architecture, 6GFLOPs]

3ds -> New 3ds:
ARM11 CPU: 2x MPCore/2x VFPv2 Co-Processor at 268MHz. Doubling to 4x MPCore/4x VFPv2 Co-Processor for new 3DS with 804MHz max clock.
ARM9 CPU: ARM946 at 134MHz.
GPU: DMP PICA at 268MHz (6.4 GFLOPS, 20.5 Million polygons per second at 268MHz, calcutated from 15.3 Million figure and 4.8 GFLOPS at 200MHz)
VRAM: 6MB, 10MB for new 3DS.
DSP: CEVA TeakLite at 134Mhz. ...
System memory: 128MB, 256MB for New 3DS.

So even 3ds is still stronger than ps2, let alone New 3ds, yet Dragon Quest VIII ps2 looks better than 3ds. One was built from ground up for ps2, one was just a quickly and chealy port, so using ports won't be enough to prove anything that related to graphic.

".I said if 3ds/new 3ds is more stronger 2-3 times than they are now, their's graphic can blow the Wii out of water."

This makes no sense. I think I know what you're trying to say. No. 3DS is weaker than Wii. A mobile chip from 2005 is not stronger than a 2006 console.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!