By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Scariest game you've ever played?

The Fatal Frame/Project Zero games are the ones that really get to me.

2, 4, and 5 were all terrifying, but I think 4 got into my head the most; I first played it when I was 22 and it still made me afraid of the dark that night haha. The final boss shows up several times prior to the ending and the audio/visuals associated are creepy as hell.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 April 2021

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

Has to be either the REmake or Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Really in both games to one degree or another, it's that feeling of literally and figuratively being in the dark, having a prominent vulnerability and not knowing what spooky things are around the next corner.

"We hold these truths t-be self-ful evident. All men and women created by the.. Go-you know the.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Siren: Blood curse. That sight jacking ability is terrifying, split screen seeing the pov of the enemy looking for you while you're hiding in a locker.
Actually, still not as bad as being chased in VR in RE7 with him bursting through the wall, that was a good jump scare.

Point Blank PS1 demo.

As a child I recall this demo being horrendously boring, the thought of having to play through it terrified me.

Layers of Fear.

Around the Network

The original Silent Hill for PS1 is the most frightening game ever for me. The feeling of having no idea of why the main character is the city and school + hospital levels are incredible. Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) is also a very atmospheric game.

Animal Crossing. The scariest thing about it is my brain actually turned off playing it. When I snapped out of it i couldn't recall what I was actually doing in the game.

Alien Isolation,Xenomorph's are terrifying, I quit the game in few hours. 

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

curl-6 said:

What is the scariest video game you have experienced to date, and what made it so terrifying?

The first resident evil games on the playstation, when I was a kid.
Sitting infront of a 50" tv, and pulling the curtains, and turning off the lights, sitting in the dark, as a group of kids playing RE1.

What made it terrifying?

this guy played a big part:

zero129 said:

Aliens Isolation. Out of every horror game i ever played this shit had my heart in my mouth so many times that i just had to stop playing and take breaks but i managed to finish it and damn it was good.

Also this.

Sneaking around the corridors of Sevastapol, trying to avoid the xenomorph and being insta-killed with no chance of escape if you were spotted was absolutely nerve-shattering and a masterclass in creating fear without the need for cheap scripted scares. Awesome game.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.