By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Next Souls-like game to play?

Tagged games:

Just beat Bloodborne. Which is the better game that I should play next?

Demon’s Souls PS5 Remake 9 60.00%

Sekiro 6 40.00%

Total:15
Jpcc86 said:

Bloodborne to me is the peak of Fromsoft. Loved everything about it.
As for what to follow it with, I'd say Demon Souls, just because it has a more flexible gameplay. And - in my personal opinion- a better setting.

Sekiro is a very stiff game, you have to play it the way the game demands you to, which I personally didnt like.
Dont get me wrong, I think Sekiro is a very good game, just very rigid with its gameplay.
A lot of people like it for that, personally I think it takes away from the experience.
Still, the more epic battles are super epic.

Interesting! Thanks for letting me know. I think I’m pretty set on Demon’s Souls at this point based on all of the feedback and the unanimous poll. Just think I want to wait for a little price drop—even $10 and I’ll bite. 

Around the Network

Check out Ashen, i really enjoyed it. The end boss is hard but its not a super long game and has some rewarding elements like upgrading your base camp etc.

Its artstyle is also very cool in motion.

Its also cheap.

Play Dark Souls 3. Although you said you dont want to jump into the series, the story is not that relevant so you play it without having played the first two games. Also it feels a lot like bloodborne. It uses the same engine, the assets are very similar and it is very fast. Although you have the shield in the end it is not that relevant like in the first game. DS1 and DS2 will seem slugish after playing bloodborne, but not DS3. It is very fast. Just go for it. Also its easier than Bloodborne (but not as good). After that then play Sekiro.

You can always play Nioh or Vampyr, since you didn't list them =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I love Souls and BB. Souls is my second favorite franchise in gaming, second only to Zelda. My unpopular opinion is Sekiro is junk and absolutely isn't souls. Sekiro does not character customization (other than basic skill trees), the battles are memorization akin to Punch Out. The game is tedious and just not great. Didn't like it.

Demon Souls is superb.

On a side note, Hades reminds me of souls in some regards.  And the game is just flat out brilliant.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

I love Souls and BB. Souls is my second favorite franchise in gaming, second only to Zelda. My unpopular opinion is Sekiro is junk and absolutely isn't souls. Sekiro does not character customization (other than basic skill trees), the battles are memorization akin to Punch Out. The game is tedious and just not great. Didn't like it.

Demon Souls is superb.

On a side note, Hades reminds me of souls in some regards.  And the game is just flat out brilliant.  

I can’t wait to play Hades! I’m just waiting for it to come to ps5. Can’t believe it’s taken this long. >;(

Thanks for your opinion on Demon’s Souls and Sekiro. Further affirmation for my decision to go with Demon’s Souls over Sekiro. 

DonFerrari said:

Vampyr is a souls-like? I had no idea. 

Azzanation said:

Check out Ashen, i really enjoyed it. The end boss is hard but its not a super long game and has some rewarding elements like upgrading your base camp etc.

Its also cheap.

Hmm...I remember being intrigued by this leading up to its release, but I think I got turned off by its reviews iirc. Something in the 70s I think? But I may have to look into it again. Thanks!

pitzy272 said:
Azzanation said:

Its also cheap.

Hmm...I remember being intrigued by this leading up to its release, but I think I got turned off by its reviews iirc. Something in the 70s I think? But I may have to look into it again. Thanks!

Ashen 78 on XB1 and 81 on PC. Its a solid Indy take on the Souls series. Up to you, i found it to be a decent experience for me and i don't really enjoy Souls like games. It also offers a Co-op mode.

pitzy272 said:
DonFerrari said:

Vampyr is a souls-like? I had no idea. 

The gameplay is very souls-like, but at least on normal (recommended difficult) it isn`t as unforgiving as Soul. But the bosses each have their very unique way to go against and ways to break the regular gameplay and make you be very creative (like souls you have stamina bar, mp bar that is blood, and your health, some of the enemies attacks that are very hard to predict despise taking like 1/3 of your health almost zero your blood and stamina making it very hard to react aftewards).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."