By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I have a confession, I'm mostly a Vertical shmup player

I sometimes shy away from horizontal shmups unless there cute'em ups, or some form or of attraction ? I always stayed away from r type and darius because horizontal . I'm gonna own up and support horizontal shmups , I should stop ignoring most of them , heres my skill between both.

I'm ranked here.

Vertical shmups : top 100 leaderboards always or some form.

Horizontal shmups: I'm below average or get wrecked every second 

I know I should take my chances more but I'm always flustered at maybe I'll make a no deaths in stage 1 in r type final 2, I'll buy it too I'd expect to get my bottom handed to me 50 times in first stage before quiting and going back to vertical , it's like tactical rpg vs turn based rpg or strategic rpg of some sort?if I am a fan of rpg I guess I can have 1 preference or all ? some people prefer jrpg or wrpg? I prefer vertical shmups but will support horizontal since many love horizontal and many developers look up too r type horizontal accomplishments.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network

What are your favourite vertical shmups?

I loved rtype and gradius. But most shmups I've played I cannot remember the name for them. There was one the PS3 where it went from shmup to platformer. It was really good, and the character you played as was a woman.

Fei-Hung said:

What are your favourite vertical shmups?

I loved rtype and gradius. But most shmups I've played I cannot remember the name for them. There was one the PS3 where it went from shmup to platformer. It was really good, and the character you played as was a woman.

I love games like radiant silvergun and ikaruga, but I'm bias and like chaos in my shmups so , bullet soul infinite burst and dodonpachi saidoujou and many others's I feel I left an important shmup there? keeps few more secret shmups vertical silent don't know how I'll get treated? lol

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

You guys should try

It's on Switch too

Also people shouldn't ignore kyukyoku tiger plus 2 ,please try on Sega Saturn and Batsugan

Check this video entire stage 1 full screen mode the ost slaps with destruction in stage 1 in kyukyoku tiger plus 2 at 1:00 mark ost slap full screen on CRT tv .

8:30 mark of batsugan yummy

Last edited by dx11332sega - on 01 April 2021

Around the Network

My earliest days of gaming on PC (moreso flash games haha) was spending time on these vertical or horizontal shmup ... I should prolly get Ikaruga at some point to see if I have that flame still lit.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

TIL there are horizontal shmups.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I had Raiden Trad for SNES when I was a kid. Me and my mom used to love it.

In fact, we beated this game a lot of times.