By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega Lord x and many Sega youtuber don't talk about Sega SG - 1000 and it's games or exclusives .

I'm interested in the console myself as a Sega fan but the problem is it only came out in Japan which makes it hard to get hold of.

Around the Network
gord352 said:

I'm interested in the console myself as a Sega fan but the problem is it only came out in Japan which makes it hard to get hold of.

Is very similar to the Colecovision.

Never heard of it ;D

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

What amazing SG 1000 games should people talk about?

I became a fan of Sega because of their arcade games and mostly console games starting with Genesis. Anything before that I'm not gonna pretty I really enjoy.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

This pretty much covers it.  Its a very obscure system because it only really sold in Japan was only in production for one year and was underpowered compared to to the NES which was released on the same date in Japan in 1983.

Around the Network

Even tho they came out the same year. Famicom is as primitive as I can go. SG 1000 is even more primitive than Famicom somehow.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Even tho they came out the same year. Famicom is as primitive as I can go. SG 1000 is even more primitive than Famicom somehow.

As far as 8-bit consoles go only the Sega Master System was slightly more powerful.   MMC chips inside many NES games expanded the systems capabilities towards the end of its life cycle.