By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Feb 21-27 - Switch Sales Top 80 Million Units

Elputoxd said:
SKMBlake said:

The 2021 Switch sales are on track to outsell the Xbox Series total sales

Yeah and PS5's too lol, why are trying to imply? I'm still waiting for you to show me the data showing Xbox is not profitable, by the way. You literally left that thread when I showed you the real data lmao

Not the PS5.

Oh yeah, right, I showed you (cause there is evidence all over the internet, even Daniel Ahmad said it was not profitable), you replied non-sense, talked about MS, and then used my own image against me.

So when the discussion clearly leads nowhere, I don't see the point continuing the discussion

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
Elputoxd said:

Yeah and PS5's too lol, why are trying to imply? I'm still waiting for you to show me the data showing Xbox is not profitable, by the way. You literally left that thread when I showed you the real data lmao

Not the PS5.

Oh yeah, right, I showed you (cause there is evidence all over the internet, even Daniel Ahmad said it was not profitable), you replied non-sense, talked about MS, and then used my own image against me.

So when the discussion clearly leads nowhere, I don't see the point continuing the discussion

You literally said their 2014 data showed it wasn't profitable. I looked up the source for that and it was an article that was later deleted by its author - working for Forbes - and even had to be corrected by Forbes themselves, who said their calculations were 2.1 billion profit. Then you left without replying.

And I'm looking for Daniel Ahmad's comments in regards to whether Xbox is profitable or not and I can't find anything either. You don't want to continue this discussion not because it leads nowhere, but because it leads to the destruction of any credibility you might have. The fact that you didn't even know their Press Release wasn't their full financial report and tried to use that to say they were being opaque - lol - tells me you know very little about financials. 

SKMBlake said:
Elputoxd said:

Not the PS5.

You think PS5 will reach 20m LT sales by the end of the year? That's way too optimistic to say the least

So, all three new gen systems have sold nearly 700K units? That must make the analysts who foretold the death of consoles in 2012 ashamed (at least it should).

derpysquirtle64 said:
SKMBlake said:

Not the PS5.

You think PS5 will reach 20m LT sales by the end of the year? 

Nope, I didn't say that.

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
PAOerfulone said:

Now the Switch just passed the floor of my original prediction. (80-100 million)

It's crazy to think how a couple years ago it seemed outlandish to many for the Switch to be set to outsell the Switch,. Now we are talking about the Switch being in the range of the DS.

Another cool thing worth noting is that the Switch has also passed 30 million units sold in the North America (NA) region. Becoming just the 11th system to do it and fast approaching the #10 system on that list, the Xbox One, which sits at a little over 32 million units.

Share the article here.

PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S vs Switch Sales Comparison Charts Through February 27

Here we see data representing the global sales through to consumers and change in sales performance of the three current platforms (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch) and three legacy platforms (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo 3DS) over comparable periods for 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.  Also shown is the market share for each of the consoles over the same periods.

Year to Date Sales Comparison (Same Periods Covered)

Market Share (Same Periods Covered)

2018 – (Week ending January 13 to March 3)

2019 – (Week ending January 12 to March 2)

2020 – (Week ending January 11 to February 29)

2021 – (Week ending January 9 to February 27)

"Year to date" sales for 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 sales are shown in series at the top of the table and then just below a comparison of 2021 versus 2020 and 2021 versus 2019 is displayed.  This provides an easy-to-view summary of all the data.

Total Sales and Market Share for Each Year

Microsoft

• Xbox One – Down Year-on-Year 194,928 (-52.0%)
  • Xbox Series X|S – n/a

Nintendo

• Nintendo Switch - Up Year-on-Year 1,185,639 (55.5%)
  • Nintendo 3DS – Down Year-on-Year 102,472 (-89.8%)

Sony

• PlayStation 4 – Down Year-on-Year 712,435 (-60.5%)
  • PlayStation 5 – n/a

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

SKMBlake said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

You think PS5 will reach 20m LT sales by the end of the year? 

Nope, I didn't say that.

So... you believe Switch which sold 28m units last year, is currently up 56% YoY, will sell less than 20m units this year?

What are PS4's aligned EU sales compared to the Switch's?