By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite Gran Turismo game?

What's your favorite Gran Turismo game?

Gran Turismo 46 8.65%

Gran Turismo 2 86 16.17%

Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec 143 26.88%

Gran Turismo 4 115 21.62%

Gran Turismo (PSP) 12 2.26%

Gran Turismo 5 52 9.77%

Gran Turismo 6 30 5.64%

Gran Turismo Sport 31 5.83%

One of the Concept/Prologue titles 17 3.20%

Total:532

Definitely Motorstorm Pacific Rift

Around the Network

Quite hard to answer since my opinion was complete changed back in 2004.

It got to be GT3, it was my favorite and last Gran Turismo game ever played.

easy answer, GT3 

Last GT game ever played.

GT3 and GT5.

Only 2 I've put a large amount of time into. Enjoyed both thoroughly

Gran Turismo 2, it's the game that got me into the series and one of the first games I played in general.

Around the Network

Gran Turismo 4 on the PS2 was the pinnacle of the series, in my opinion. I dont understand how GT3 is heralded as the best when 4 is 3 but with way more content packed in.

I think Sport comes really close, but the lack of a meaty campaign that GT4 has makes it fall a bit short.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

GT2 easily. I still remember being unable to find it anywhere at launch, walking into Walmart and seeing one copy left. By the time the clerk came to help, four other people wanted it but I had asked the clerk for help first. Such an amazing title. Probably enjoyed this one most because of pretty much daily couch multiplayer. Never connected with GT4, but GT3 was also good.

I grew out of the series after 3, there wasn’t enough innovation. There were so many other quality racers coming out all the time, I felt like I didn’t need to play more of the same GT. Kind of sad how the genre has fallen on harder times. Idk how many here were around when GT launched on PSone but it ushered in a ton of racers. Seemed like every year there were three or four good, big racing games. Nowadays, not so much.

flashfire926 said:

Gran Turismo 4 on the PS2 was the pinnacle of the series, in my opinion. I dont understand how GT3 is heralded as the best when 4 is 3 but with way more content packed in.

I think Sport comes really close, but the lack of a meaty campaign that GT4 has makes it fall a bit short.

This. I guess more people played GT3 than GT4, because the latter was released at the end of the console's life cycle (just like GT6). Nürburgring Nordschleife alone is an argument why GT4 has to be better than 3.

siebensus4 said:
flashfire926 said:

This. I guess more people played GT3 than GT4, because the latter was released at the end of the console's life cycle (just like GT6). Nürburgring Nordschleife alone is an argument why GT4 has to be better than 3.

Yep. GT4 was much better. GT3 A-spec is the only GT I got so mad at I snapped the disc. The AI was terrible, bunch of ramming cheats in races with tire wear. GT4 was wonderful from rally to the full Nordschleife.

GT6 was a mixed bag though after GT5. It scrapped the procedural rally stages as well as the track editor and endurance races. It had more tracks and more tracks with dynamic weather, but the campaign wasn't as good.

GT Sport has a huge campaign nowadays, a big track list but no city tracks. It's a very different game from release, but people just remember how it was at release. This new model, adding a track, cars and more campaign races every month doesn't sit well with people.

The game launched with 168 cars and 29 tracks; updates have brought the count to 324 cars and 82 track configurations as of December 2019. The free updates also added a more traditional single-player campaign mode to the game.

A lot less cars still than GT5 but all premium cars, high detail.

GT2 is still my favorite.
The pair ones were always the best ones.
Now GT7 will be GT8 technically, so big hopes for it, lol.