By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite Gran Turismo game?

What's your favorite Gran Turismo game?

Gran Turismo 46 8.65%

Gran Turismo 2 86 16.17%

Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec 143 26.88%

Gran Turismo 4 115 21.62%

Gran Turismo (PSP) 12 2.26%

Gran Turismo 5 52 9.77%

Gran Turismo 6 30 5.64%

Gran Turismo Sport 31 5.83%

One of the Concept/Prologue titles 17 3.20%

Total:532
siebensus4 said:
flashfire926 said:

Gran Turismo 4 on the PS2 was the pinnacle of the series, in my opinion. I dont understand how GT3 is heralded as the best when 4 is 3 but with way more content packed in.

I think Sport comes really close, but the lack of a meaty campaign that GT4 has makes it fall a bit short.

This. I guess more people played GT3 than GT4, because the latter was released at the end of the console's life cycle (just like GT6). Nürburgring Nordschleife alone is an argument why GT4 has to be better than 3.

Yep. GT4 was much better. GT3 A-spec is the only GT I got so mad at I snapped the disc. The AI was terrible, bunch of ramming cheats in races with tire wear. GT4 was wonderful from rally to the full Nordschleife.

GT6 was a mixed bag though after GT5. It scrapped the procedural rally stages as well as the track editor and endurance races. It had more tracks and more tracks with dynamic weather, but the campaign wasn't as good.

GT Sport has a huge campaign nowadays, a big track list but no city tracks. It's a very different game from release, but people just remember how it was at release. This new model, adding a track, cars and more campaign races every month doesn't sit well with people.

The game launched with 168 cars and 29 tracks; updates have brought the count to 324 cars and 82 track configurations as of December 2019. The free updates also added a more traditional single-player campaign mode to the game.

A lot less cars still than GT5 but all premium cars, high detail.

Around the Network

GT6 is my favourite, and that's because it's the only GT game I've played. I did have interest in getting into the series even before GT6, but it took that long for me to actually try the series.

I never really enjoyed Gran Turismo as a series. That is, until I bought GT5 on a whim, because my friend wanted to play it. We took turns doing the races and GT5 was certainly my favorite in the series.

Player2 said:

Gran Turismo 2, the last one before game design took a nosedive.

Expectations for Gran Turismo 7? None. I'm not going to touch it.

What I loved about Gran Turismo 2 was the ability to take one car and only use that to race and move up the ranks by using upgrades , I did it with a Toyota Celica  and completed around 70% or so of the races that were only hp restricted, it was great seeing how far you could get before buying new parts and it made the racing super tight especially when you didn't quite have the straight line speed and were just short of affording an upgrade.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Farsala said:

I never really enjoyed Gran Turismo as a series. That is, until I bought GT5 on a whim, because my friend wanted to play it. We took turns doing the races and GT5 was certainly my favorite in the series.

My favourite part of GT5 was the endurance races and variable weather also there was a thread on here that was great, I did the 24 hr race in two 12 hour stints and driving at night through rain was awesome.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:

GT2 easily. I still remember being unable to find it anywhere at launch, walking into Walmart and seeing one copy left. By the time the clerk came to help, four other people wanted it but I had asked the clerk for help first. Such an amazing title. Probably enjoyed this one most because of pretty much daily couch multiplayer. Never connected with GT4, but GT3 was also good.

I grew out of the series after 3, there wasn’t enough innovation. There were so many other quality racers coming out all the time, I felt like I didn’t need to play more of the same GT. Kind of sad how the genre has fallen on harder times. Idk how many here were around when GT launched on PSone but it ushered in a ton of racers. Seemed like every year there were three or four good, big racing games. Nowadays, not so much.

I remember saying to a mate how good would it be to be able to race cars that matched those GT2 pre rendered cars only to see them well and truly surpassed in the very next game.

Gran Turismo 7 is the new GT4 in future :)

GT Sport is very interesting for Online-Multiplayers Matches. But GT4/5 was the best.