By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now is the Best Time for PS+ (Final Fantasy 7 Remake & Games Collection)

I want PS+ tomorrow. I would like to give you the tip: Use this February, then you can download the following games with PS+ free of charge on PlayStation:

Detruction AllStars (its funny with friends)

Control: Ultimate Edition

Concrete Genie (creative game) 

In March: Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Farpoint VR, Remnant: From the Ashes, Maquette

And all PlayStation 5 owners also get the PS+ Collection with God of War, Persona 5, Bloodborne and many other fantastic games - for this Year.

By the way: The PS4-Game Ratchet & Clank is FREE for every PlayStation-Gamer in March!!

Sony is giving you the game for free (without PS+) because of the sad Corona period. Thats why, now is PS+ the perfect time for me :) Have fun, guys =)

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 26 February 2021

Around the Network

PS+ is indeed incredible value for newcomers who get into the PlayStation ecosystem with the PS5.

Giving Control in February, and now Final Fantasy VII Remake, which is getting a PS5 update in June? That’s crazy. Those two games are pretty recent and are both fantastic AAA titles, and that’s not mentioning the PS collection every PS+ members get day one when they buy a PS5.

The PS5 is slowly but steadily building its appeal. I am glad to have managed to be an early adopter. God of War and Ghost of Tsushima both play and look fantastic on PS5 in high resolution at 60fps, and now that Final Fantasy VII Remake, my 2020 GOTY, is getting a free PS5 update along with an unexpected paid DLC, the PS4 almost feels like a distant memory already.

Last edited by Hynad - on 26 February 2021

And with the PS5 games given on PS+ I'll have at least some good 6 months of games on PS5 even if I don't buy any.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

One thing to point out is:

Not a knock or anything cause it's a faptastic month and FFVIIR is the game that I loved most last year but it's worth pointing out just in case people are expecting the free upgrade to apply to this as well.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Crazy that a newer game is already 'free.' Did it not sell as expected? It was on sale a few months back. Crazy how quickly ps4 games drop in price. I rarely pay full price, given they don't hold their value.

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

Crazy that a newer game is already 'free.' Did it not sell as expected? It was on sale a few months back. Crazy how quickly ps4 games drop in price. I rarely pay full price, given they don't hold their value.

They don’t hold their value, or do you mean price?

Hynad said:
Chrkeller said:

Value.  Something like BotW has a trade in value of $30, while something new like TLoU2 has a trade in of $15.  At least last time I looked, may have changed. 

I'm not complaining, I get 99% of my ps4 games at $30 with only having to wait a few months.  I just don't personally buy games at $60 (or $70) that will be $30 3 months later.

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 26 February 2021

Chrkeller said:
Hynad said:

Value.  Something like BotW has a trade in value of $30, while something new like TLoU2 has a trade in of $15.  At least last time I looked, may have changed. 

I'm not complaining, I get 99% of my ps4 games at $30 with only having to wait a few months.  I just don't personally buy games at $60 (or $70) that will be $30 3 months later.

I barely buy games on the Switch because of the first party titles never going on sales. Year one games from Nintendo still selling at full price 3 years after their releases is ludicrous. That’s not mentioning the pricing of their remasters, despite minimal work made on them. Sony is often being called arrogant, yet Nintendo has been overpricing all of their stuff (hardware and software) for a long time for reasons many of their fans keep defending.

Nintendo has been arrogant for a long time, and I am picking and choosing the games I pay full price on day one because of it, because arrogant Nintendo isn’t going to lower their pricing until the gen is almost over. That’s of course if they don’t remove the games I’ve been holding back for from the console’s e-shop to put it back in the next system’s store at full price... But... they get a free pass for their shit for some reason.

Last edited by Hynad - on 26 February 2021

Hynad said:
Chrkeller said:

I barely buy games on the Switch because of the first party titles never going on sales. Year one games from Nintendo still selling at full price 3 years after their releases is ludicrous. That’s not mentioning the pricing of their remasters, despite minimal work made on them. Sony is often being called arrogant, yet Nintendo has been overpricing all of their stuff (hardware and software) for a long time for reasons many of their fans keep defending.

Nintendo has been arrogant for a long time, and I am picking and choosing the games I pay full price on day one because of it, because arrogant Nintendo isn’t going to lower their pricing until the gen is almost over. That’s of course if they don’t remove the games I’ve been holding back for from the console’s e-shop to put it back in the next system’s store at full price... But... they get a free pass for their shit for some reason.

Value is driven by the market (e.g. consumers).  Currently Nintendo is dominating the charts with software, hence they don't drop their prices.  Not sure what you mean about 'free pass.'  The reality is people either pay full price for Nintendo games or they go without.  There isn't a third option.

Chrkeller said:
Hynad said:

Value is driven by the market (e.g. consumers).  Currently Nintendo is dominating the charts with software, hence they don't drop their prices.  Not sure what you mean about 'free pass.'  The reality is people either pay full price for Nintendo games or they go without.  There isn't a third option.

Exhibit A.