By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Thoughts on WandaVision?

I got a chance to watch the current episodes and I really like it thus far. The setting being after endgame really adds a lot to the MCU ( It doesn't feel like something that doesn't matter) and the production is up there.

If you're a Marvel fan ot someone who's watched the latests Avengers movie I definitely suggest giving the show a watch. 

Around the Network

It made me remember why I hated the audience laughs. Other than that, every ep has been an upward trend! The next 3 gonna be hype!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I like it a lot so far. The first episode was ok, but after that, the show has been getting better and better. Can't wait for the last 3 episodes of the show. I wonder how long they will be.

Mr.GameCrazy said:

I like it a lot so far. The first episode was ok, but after that, the show has been getting better and better. Can't wait for the last 3 episodes of the show. I wonder how long they will be.

I was confused by what I was watching during the first episode but after episode 2 everything started coming together. I've noticed that the episodes have been getting longer. So hopefully the next 3 are atleast 30mins +

if the last 3 episodes continue the amazing streak its had so far then it's one of the best things Marvel Studios has ever made imo, right up there with Endgame. haven't been this glued to anything in ages, to the point where I eagerly await each upcoming friday for the next episode

it's the type of creativity & uniqueness that can manage to appeal to everyone, even newcomers or just being a refresher for people who are tired of mcu/superhero films and I love that it's giving Vision and Wanda some good character development and personality finally as I think they've been sorely wasted thus far, especially Vision

Around the Network
FloatingWaffles said:

if the last 3 episodes continue the amazing streak its had so far then it's one of the best things Marvel Studios has ever made imo, right up there with Endgame. haven't been this glued to anything in ages, to the point where I eagerly await each upcoming friday for the next episode

it's the type of creativity & uniqueness that can manage to appeal to everyone, even newcomers or just being a refresher for people who are tired of mcu/superhero films and I love that it's giving Vision and Wanda some good character development and personality finally as I think they've been sorely wasted thus far, especially Vision

I'm shocked at how engaging it is and how brilliant the writing is. I love this show, and all I expected going in was a quirky little something or other that didn't really matter or grab me. as it stands, yeah! I love how experimental it is, how willing it is to go off the rails, and how high-concept it can be. Brilliant show, can't wait to see how it ends (I predict Wanda's gonna be turning into a villain for the next Dr Strange movie, based on that movie being called the Multiverse of Madness)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
FloatingWaffles said:

I'm shocked at how engaging it is and how brilliant the writing is. I love this show, and all I expected going in was a quirky little something or other that didn't really matter or grab me. as it stands, yeah! I love how experimental it is, how willing it is to go off the rails, and how high-concept it can be. Brilliant show, can't wait to see how it ends (I predict Wanda's gonna be turning into a villain for the next Dr Strange movie, based on that movie being called the Multiverse of Madness)

the writing has been incredible but I can't lie I did chuckle a bit at [Episode 6 spoilers]:

Spoiler!
them being able to beat up SWORD agents out in the open and nobody hearing or seeing it despite being in the background, then Darcy being able to hack into the SWORD Director's computer in literally 2 seconds, can't tell if that's meant to show how smart Darcy is or how inept SWORD already is, but I know that's a nitpick and was probably just done for time :P

yeah, in a way I think WandaVision has made me more excited for the D+ MCU TV shows than some of the films now lmao, this is the type of thing that wouldn't have been able to work as a film due to time constraints, so knowing that we can see more creative things like this happening while on a movie level budget/quality with way more time to flesh them out? sign me the fuck up 

my prediction is 50/50 with Wanda either being the full on baddy or some other force secretly using her or controlling her to do this, we know she's aware of the hex at least but someone else seems to be influencing things at times 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 16 February 2021

Its been pretty awesome. It's tough to balance a show like this where you have to keep the audience guessing at what the fuck's going on, but they also have to feel that each episode is bringing them some kind of answer. They've been doing a great job. Hope they can stick the landing.

FloatingWaffles said:
Runa216 said:

the writing has been incredible but I can't lie I did chuckle a bit at [Episode 6 spoilers]:

Spoiler!
them being able to beat up SWORD agents out in the open and nobody hearing or seeing it despite being in the background, then Darcy being able to hack into the SWORD Director's computer in literally 2 seconds, can't tell if that's meant to show how smart Darcy is or how inept SWORD already is, but I know that's a nitpick and was probably just done for time :P

yeah, in a way I think WandaVision has made me more excited for the D+ MCU TV shows than some of the films now lmao, this is the type of thing that wouldn't have been able to work as a film due to time constraints, so knowing that we can see more creative things like this happening while on a movie level budget/quality with way more time to flesh them out? sign me the fuck up 

my prediction is 50/50 with Wanda either being the full on baddy or some other force secretly using her or controlling her to do this, we know she's aware of the hex at least but someone else seems to be influencing things at times 

Spoiler!
I think that someone else might be controlling things also. Like during the Halloween episode the guy that was on duty was controlling things before they happened. Also, Wanda being able to have kids with a machine seems really odd.

jason1637 said:
Spoiler!
I think that someone else might be controlling things also. Like during the Halloween episode the guy that was on duty was controlling things before they happened. Also, Wanda being able to have kids with a machine seems really odd.

I understand where you're coming from, but it's got a precedent in the comics so it's not that weird. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android