By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This is the greatest thing in VR EVER! if your a retro game fan you will love this!.

IS this the greatest thing VR has ever SEEN!!!

YES! 1 25.00%

HELL YES! 1 25.00%

YES X 90000+ 0 0%

Damnit i just cant say NO!!! 2 50.00%

Total:4

Very cool idea. Its the only way to relive those moments via VR.

Around the Network

Haha! This is a neat idea! Very creative!

It's kinda neat, but....eh. Where's my friend? Who, once I start doing karate moves, knows a big fart is coming. I guess I could go through the motions, pretend he's there, and then fart. Plus, I wouldn't have to worry about smell technology. Still though....eh.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 07 February 2021

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Finally a reason to get into VR

Eh I have an arcade machine and have CRTs set up with real old retro systems so meh.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:

Eh I have an arcade machine and have CRTs set up with real old retro systems so meh.

I would say just because it's not for you doesn't make it meh, plus it being virtual means it can and does expand on real world capabilities .

still I see why your interest would be low.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Great idea, it looks like a nice mix of retro gaming and latest tech, it features a nice and nostalgia filled alternate reality setting and from the smoothness of the actions it also looks like they found a comfortable input setup. Hope the latter is real and not just created through video editing.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I'm shocked that nobody has written a program to simulate everything a CRT does in VR. We use ray tracing in modern games to simulate the way light reacts. So why not use ray tracing to simulate the glowing of the phosphor dots in a CRT? You could play retro games without the ugly checkerboarding that happens when modern displays try to run a game that relied on pixel dithering. You could also simulate scanlines, and the warm glow of a CRT this way.

Perhaps such a task is too graphically demanding even for modern GPUs?

Cerebralbore101 said:

I'm shocked that nobody has written a program to simulate everything a CRT does in VR. We use ray tracing in modern games to simulate the way light reacts. So why not use ray tracing to simulate the glowing of the phosphor dots in a CRT? You could play retro games without the ugly checkerboarding that happens when modern displays try to run a game that relied on pixel dithering. You could also simulate scanlines, and the warm glow of a CRT this way.

Perhaps such a task is too graphically demanding even for modern GPUs?

The second clip is much more informative he shows of the scanlines in the tv's and added imperfections also you can change the time of day and it affects the   light  coming thru the window and you get shadows and light beams, not sure if it's RT though. but VR and RT are amatch made in heaven it looks good and like you said using RT in non vr emulation is a great idea

Last edited by mjk45 - on 08 February 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Unless the thing can erase about 30 years of experience...I could never relive something from childhood.