By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't trust seal copies of games or dvd hard truth

Things like these anger me



I game on all consoles and PC

My youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EeIs1FP89Oz7du7IAEbqg?view_as=subscriber

Around the Network

I'm confused what the issue is? There is a orange sticker that says used on it so it clearly tells the buyer that it is not new.



 

 

Cobretti2 said:

I'm confused what the issue is? There is a orange sticker that says used on it so it clearly tells the buyer that it is not new.

Giving an example that used items can be wrapped again making them seem new and created the sticker above like it was never opened , but I'm tempted to stay caucious of sealed dvd for many years



I game on all consoles and PC

My youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EeIs1FP89Oz7du7IAEbqg?view_as=subscriber

dx11332sega said:
Cobretti2 said:

I'm confused what the issue is? There is a orange sticker that says used on it so it clearly tells the buyer that it is not new.

Giving an example that used items can be wrapped again making them seem new and created the sticker above like it was never opened , but I'm tempted to stay cautious of sealed dvd for many years

My main concern about it being sealed is I like to look at the disc condition, especially DVD's not so much BR they seem to be sturdy but you never know .  

Last edited by mjk45 - on 19 January 2021

My local game store tapes the cases so you can't open them. The main reason is so you cannot steal without it being noticeable.



Around the Network
Sogreblute said:

My local game store tapes the cases so you can't open them. The main reason is so you cannot steal without it being noticeable.

 My game store keeps the discs in sleeves that are filed away in drawers  behind the counter.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 19 January 2021

I deleted the video



I game on all consoles and PC

My youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EeIs1FP89Oz7du7IAEbqg?view_as=subscriber

mjk45 said:
Sogreblute said:

My local game store tapes the cases so you can't open them. The main reason is so you cannot steal without it being noticeable.

 My game store keeps the discs in sleeves that are filed away in draws  behind the counter.

They do that for us also, but only for the more expensive games. Most games have tape, probably to leave up space in their drawers. 



And I don't trust random ass videos...



So you don't trust sealed copies, and I suppose there's even less reason to trust unsealed copies, if you go down that road. So you just basically don't trust any copies.
I'm sure there are many cases in which your mistrust would be totally warranted, who knows how much preowned stuff gets sold as new.