By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't trust seal copies of games or dvd hard truth

Day 1 brand new for games I want to collect but otherwise go digital. The games always work and are on my Xbox over a decade later.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Sogreblute said:
mjk45 said:

My game store keeps the used game discs in sleeves that are filed away in draws  behind the counter.

They do that for us also, but only for the more expensive games. Most games have tape, probably to leave up space in their drawers. 

I should have mentioned that was for used games so edited it, new games are stored the same except they store the full sealed game and have display cases on the shelves.

mjk45 said:
Sogreblute said:

They do that for us also, but only for the more expensive games. Most games have tape, probably to leave up space in their drawers. 

I should have mentioned that was for used games so edited it, new games are stored the same except they store the full sealed game and have display cases on the shelves.

They just put sealed games and new systems in a glass display. I also love how they share their new inventory. They also have a $10 per year membership, which includes 10% off all used games, systems, and accessories. Also 10% extra on trade ins. And they have monthly specials for members which could be anything. This month it's buy 1 get 1 50% off on all PS2, Xbox, and Wii games. Sometimes the special month is buy 2 get 1 free on all used games or buy 1 new and 1 used game and get 1 used game free. And your 10% off stacks with this.

There is even a bigger problem but in another industry - when you buy a new car and think that you will be the first who farts in it, actually they have a worker who always does that already on the conveyor.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

The video is gone, wjat was the issue you were taking about?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Japanese used game shops put all used games in a nice plastic wrapping. It's not sealed tho as it has a flap stuck on like an envelope. Then again over there they take much better care of their games as a general rule. Not uncommon to buy well over 20-year-old games and it has everything in it, including registration and the spine add on to disc games. The disc will be as pristine as new.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

They do that alot at the shops where i live. Normally when you return a brand new game within afew days, the game gets cleaned and repackaged and sold at the new price again. Its a shameful practice but i can also see why companies do it, because the game is still technically new and they dont look at it as a collectors point of view.