By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How would you feel if Amazon bought someone big like ubisoft? I think luna launched 1 month ago?

At this point? I wouldn't care much.

I've basically given up on AC and I lost interest In Far Cry.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Eh, I honestly wouldn't be torn about it as Ubisoft has been very meh for awhile now imo.

Immortals was good, but I rarely buy Ubisoft games. They can buy Ubisoft, EA, or Activision for all I care those 3 companies do nothing for me, The only game I would miss would be Dragon Age from EA.

Cerebralbore101 said:

Ubisoft has been lame for years now anyway. They just pump out Assassin's Creed Hooverville, Assassin's Creed Vietnam, and Assassin's Creed Borneo.

Now, if Amazon, or Google bought some other big player like Capcom, Sega, or Square Enix? Yeah, I'd be pissed. That would basically spend the end of those companies as well as the end of those games on Xbox, PS, or Nintendo. I would expect a ton of MTX injected into all those games to the point where they aren't worth buying anymore. Kinda like how Gears 5, and MK11 were ruined.

Gears 5 ruined?  I see no problem at all with that game.  I played the game a bunch, and never spent a single penny beyond my Gamepass subscription.  Didn't miss anything of substance. 

If your standard is no microtransactions at all.... well, you might want to find a new hobby.  

VAMatt said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Ubisoft has been lame for years now anyway. They just pump out Assassin's Creed Hooverville, Assassin's Creed Vietnam, and Assassin's Creed Borneo.

Now, if Amazon, or Google bought some other big player like Capcom, Sega, or Square Enix? Yeah, I'd be pissed. That would basically spend the end of those companies as well as the end of those games on Xbox, PS, or Nintendo. I would expect a ton of MTX injected into all those games to the point where they aren't worth buying anymore. Kinda like how Gears 5, and MK11 were ruined.

Gears 5 ruined?  I see no problem at all with that game.  I played the game a bunch, and never spent a single penny beyond my Gamepass subscription.  Didn't miss anything of substance. 

If your standard is no microtransactions at all.... well, you might want to find a new hobby.  

I own about 64 PS4 games all without Microtransactions. Over 100 Switch games without MTX either. 40 PC games without them. I won't have to find a new hobby. Just gotta accept that certain publishers will slowly go the way of Konami.