By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Toxic players trash you in messages and party chat Xbox/PS4 fighting games etc

Trash talking, whether by message or in voice chat, is totally ridiculous, little kid bullshit. People over the age of 14 that do it should be ashamed of themselves.

That said, it obviously does happen a lot, and it can be very demoralizing to some people. Luckily, it is easy to change your settings so that only friends (or nobody) can contact you. Parents should always set their kids up that way, and even many adults would benefit from making it impossible for people to talk shit to them.

Last edited by VAMatt - on 01 January 2021

Around the Network

I once had a person from N4G spam my PSN messages threatening to hack and swat me because I said the VITA was dead in 2019, and Switch would dominate Japan with ease. He said I was some kid whos parents couldn't afford anything more than a Switch, and thats the only reason I could like it (despite literally being messaged over PSN).  What makes it funny is I am probably more than twice his age based on the maturity level of this encounter.

Needless to say he was banned from N4G, and clearly had mental issues.  Or he was just some kid running his mouth, either way I found it more funny than anything else.

Last edited by Shiken - on 01 January 2021

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

This was painful to read

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem

That’s online gaming in general. I main the killer in Dead by Daylight and have thousands of hours played. I guarantee I’ve also gotten hundreds of hate messages in that game alone.

ok

Around the Network

I can barely read that. Look, you seem to get into a lot of online chats and then complain about how toxic it is or getting into it with kids. Then post a topic here to include us in your drama. How about just stop using chat services with randoms. Stop using these things. Stop participating in them. Turn off that shit and stop letting it live rent-free in your head. Better things to do with your time. Play games with online friends. Maybe just avoid the online stuff. Just coming here every time you don't like what someone said is getting old. Sorry.

If you just want to talk about the general toxicity of online gaming then that is a discussion but not seeing that but then again, I can barely read the post.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

use to get those ALL the time in mvc2 on ps3 and street fighter 4. It's really not a big deal imo, 95% of people would never do it to your face, so they're not worth your time. eventually, i just started going along with their "diss" like : "yeah, i'm totally scrubby, you played great!", they would quickly change their tone and reply something back nice, sometimes sending a friend request.
I 100% don't do online chatting or messaging since that generation, such an over rated experience, Nintendo has the right idea imo, but you SHOULD be able to chat with actual friends.

It's the same in GT Sport, yet the 'abuse' can only last for 2 minutes until the post race lobby closes. Some people take it to PMs, which you can report to Sony. (Who won't do much) You need to have thick skin to play online, otherwise stick to off-line or friends.

I haven't used voice chat for over a decade, no point in it. The 'trolls' are just a minor point, bad quality, echos, music playing, background noise, I rather hear the game.

Leynos said:

I can barely read that. Look, you seem to get into a lot of online chats and then complain about how toxic it is or getting into it with kids. Then post a topic here to include us in your drama. How about just stop using chat services with randoms. Stop using these things. Stop participating in them. Turn off that shit and stop letting it live rent-free in your head. Better things to do with your time. Play games with online friends. Maybe just avoid the online stuff. Just coming here every time you don't like what someone said is getting old. Sorry.

If you just want to talk about the general toxicity of online gaming then that is a discussion but not seeing that but then again, I can barely read the post.

I second this. The most toxic thing in this thread is that lack of punctuation, gee whiz.