By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Things related to gaming that you regret (not) doing when you were younger

What the fuck were you thinking?

I don't know, I was young... 3 25.00%

I never think. 0 0%

I wanted to have somethin... 0 0%

I regret nothing. 4 33.33%

This poll is useless. 4 33.33%

Shut up and let me see the results! 1 8.33%

Total:12

Tagging for later.
Off the top of my head, my brother and I used to rent NES games, take the label off, and swap them for games we owned and hated or finished. People would rent those games and have no idea what they were getting because of us.

Around the Network

When I was a teenager (in the '90s) I was going through this weird RPG phase where that's all I wanted to play. I missed out on a lot of great games of the time because of this. I've tried to go back and play some of them now, but gameplay-wise they are just really dated now and hard to get into. I kinda wish I had played them at the time, when they were new and fresh and everyone was talking about them.

d21lewis said:

Tagging for later.
Off the top of my head, my brother and I used to rent NES games, take the label off, and swap them for games we owned and hated or finished. People would rent those games and have no idea what they were getting because of us.

To be honest, you and your brother were not the only ones to play with labels. This doesn't involve games, but my cousin and I were once stealing price tags in a grocery store when we were kids, and we didn't even get anything from it. We had literally no reason to do so, yet the workers there probably had to deal with some consequences after what we did.

I'm mostly a lurker now.

d21lewis said:

Tagging for later.

So you and your brother are the evil duo  responsable for single handedly ruining my nes childhood and giving me a phobia, where I can no longer rent anything,so I now live in a world where I have other people rent homes for me. only to be kicked out because I can't pay the rent.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
d21lewis said:

Tagging for later.

So you and your brother are the evil duo  responsable for single handedly ruining my nes childhood and giving me a phobia, where I can no longer rent anything,so I now live in a world where I have other people rent homes for me. only to be kicked out because I can't pay the rent.

Don't blame us. Blame Nintendo for charging little kids $50 for games and making us want them so bad.

Bart Simpson knows.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
mjk45 said:

Don't blame us. Blame Nintendo for charging little kids $50 for games and making us want them so bad.

Bart Simpson knows.

IT'S YOUR FAULT!.  little kid my ass you were shaving at five and renting don't cost fifty dollars a game, tell  Bart Simpson he can pay my rent, until then I'm of to the desert to dig up those ET carts and make a house out of them, unless you would like to rent them.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

CaptainExplosion said:

I imagine you guys are sick of hearing about me wanting new video game action figures, but this is a figure of Dr. Robotnik I regret not getting or even knowing about before.

It's perfectly in scale with the Jakks Pacific Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Shadow figures.

I can get why you regret not buying it, it really looks cool!

I'm mostly a lurker now.

Not getting a PS2, PS3, or PS Vita. Heck, probably throw the PSP in there too. I don't regret waiting until 2015 to open a Steam account, because any computer I had before then was quite the potato.
I also wish I played games more as a kid and teen and branched out more. But I suppose I was less skilled and patient than I am right now.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Regret not finishing chrono cross and Final Fantasy IX. I remember i was very far on FFIX, and then my PS broke, never cameback to fish the game. Also regreat no playing some classics, like EarthBound on Snes and Breath of Fire IV on PS, I spend too much time playing pokemon, i mean... i was by far the best pokemon player among my friends and it was fun to rub it at their faces... but damn, i lost some great classics.

Last edited by Manlytears - on 16 December 2020

CaptainExplosion said:

The only real problem with is the lack of articulation and limbs being in fixed poses. Other than that it's just what I need for my video game figures display.

I actually prefer figures that aren't articulated, to be honest (as long as they have cool poses), but it's true that they're not too versatile. If it wasn't for the money, I would've probably started a collection of them years ago - guess I could say I regret not doing it.

I'm mostly a lurker now.